20-06-2005, 03:32 PM
You used to see Billy Idol riding his Harley in cut off t-shirt and no helmet
It's crazy
I prefer to ride my mountain bike in this heat
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2005, 04:12 PM
People who do not wear full leathers and boots (very least a leather jacket) are asking for trouble.

The pic below shows what happened to Ian's elbow after a near fatal bike accident, a completely smashed elbow (3 years on he is still requiring surgery) he also smashed his right ankle... this all happened while his was wearing full leathers and boots (alpine stars) and he also managed to cut the main artery in his arm. If not for what he was wearing he would have without a doubt lost his arm and right leg.

All this happened at 30mph and with 18 years riding experience.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 04:46 PM

my last one

i have had a bike for the most of my life been all over europe never used it without proper clothing even whe it was over 30 degrees and it saved me a lot of scratches
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 04:51 PM
A friend of mine had a accident on a bike, he was standing at roadworks who were using stop/go boards, his board turned to go so he started to move but the other bloke also turned his board to go and my friend collided with a 16 wheel juggernaut, he lost his right arm and leg. He was wearing full leather's etc

He was lucky to suvive.

Ian
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
A friend of mine had a accident on a bike, he was standing at roadworks who were using stop/go boards, his board turned to go so he started to move but the other bloke also turned his board to go and my friend collided with a 16 wheel juggernaut, he lost his right arm and leg. He was wearing full leather's etc

He was lucky to suvive.

Ian
yes i agree with you i broke 14 bones in one hand even with wearing leather gloves but leather is like a safteybelt in a car it helps or dont you think so ? he was lucky just a lol with a bike (keep telling my son )
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 06:57 PM
My OH used to a bike and he says that once you have experianced gravel rash you'll cover up and wear the correct gear. The kids of today will unfortunatley find out the hard way.
He don't like the little scooters that the kids are riding these days he said that when my oldest gets to riding bikes he's going to have a proper one not a step through they are for old women he says.
He would live to have another bike but it seems that when he gets on one he can't keep his licence for long.

Just remember that if everyone rode a bike there would be no traffic jams.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3