View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Maybe she'll give herself enough rope to hang herself.

You don't need enemies when you have friends like her. Your doing the right thing by cutting her off. If she does start spreading rumours, or her hubby for that matter, those who know you would dimiss it anyway.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 08:54 AM
i would just leave it
keep away from her and him, but if it keeps up drop a hint about where the nice expensive pressies are coming from
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 09:56 AM
If it was me I would tell her husband what she has done. She is ruining your good reputation telling him that you are having an affair and that is disgusting. Personally I think she deserves all she gets, she had no right to blame the affair on you, that is not what a real friend would do I think her husband deserves to know the truth anyway, he could do better than this golddigger of a wife
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi Roxy I have only just seen this..
I hope you are feeling better today special little Dogweb friend
This person is not a friend..friends don't 'use' you,
I agree with those who say walk away...
Telling the husband could be a waste of time ,people only believe what they wish to believe whether it is the truth or not,
I would maybe write to her (not a nasty letter) saying I had considered her to be a friend but no longer wished to do so.
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Roxy
I have a so called friend who is married.
A 'friend' you say... It's always a 'friend'...

For all it's worth - personally I wouldn't say anything to anyone and tell the friend to **** off.

Graeme
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 10:51 AM
very well put Graeme
NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Having sat on both sides of the fence (I was in another relationship when I met my OH) and having had a friend tell tales, it's a really difficult situation to be in. However....she has chosen to involve you and that's unfair. If it was me, I would tell her that she has to come clean and tell her husband that you have nothing to do with this or you will. In all likely hood she'll probably fabricate something else to tell him, but at least he won't think badly of you.

You have to take into consideration that he might mention it to other people and it could reflect badly on both your hubby and you. I know that my OH would go balastic (that might be his firey Italian temper) if he thought that people thought I was doing something behind his back, even if he knew I wasn't (I'm a good girl now!!!).

Very hard judgement call!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Sue

If it was me I dont think she would be a friend any longer.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 01:52 PM
OMG what a horrendous thing to do! Some friend.

If it were me, I would cut her off without a second thought and tell her why too. I would also be upset about my reputation being tarnished; I would be worried that she and her OH would spread the lies around, therefore I would tell her that she had to tell her H that she lied about me, else I would do it and let him draw his own conclusions. (It would help if you had some kind of proof).

It is not your fault that she played around and if by you being honest about your faithfulness she is forced to admit her lack of faithfulness, it is not your fault.

Isn't what she is doing libellous or slander or something?
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 03:16 PM
well have to say as a subject close to my heart if i was her husband i would want to know. tell him. i appreciate it isnt easy but it would be kinder if he knew. then stay well away from her as she is no friend
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4