View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh sorry Sue. Then I cant be your friend after all.

Ruining your rep would be my first job if we were
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:23 PM
ooh amts you are soo evil..just wait till birmingham..lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
I'd say if your hubby knows the truth. Leave well alone.

There is nothing worse than being the party doing the "telling" her husband believes her or is at least pretending too - although he may already have an inkling - but I'd say leave well alone you will be making more worries for yourself because no doubt her hubby won't believe you (if he doesn't want too) and you have no way of proving what she is saying is untrue. You may well just end up looking bitter. Keep your dignity and walk away.

Just cut her off no more contact its her life thats a mess not yours. The truth will always out anyhow - sooner or later.

Karen
I totally agree with what Kazz has said, you would be opening Pandora's Box and it would all end up as your fault, it always does! Don't need friends like her do you Roxy!
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2005, 05:43 PM
i know it is easy to say but hard to do ignor it what you do is allways wrong itīs better to keep away and let them get on with it
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Have to say, my first reaction would be to give her a good spanking, but, now I'm a reformed person, I would let it lie. As long as your hubby knows and believes the truth, and your friends won't believe her lies, everythings cool, don't lower yourself, she's not worth it.
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Who needs friends like her? Life is too short, have nothing ese to do with her she isn't a real friend anyway!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi Roxy, have just read this and can't believe a so called friend would do this to you. Sorry haven't read all the posts so probably repeating what has been said.

If it were me, coz everyone handles things differently but:

1) A true friend would not jeopardise another marriage for the sake of her own - she isn't a friend Roxy, she sounds incredibly self absorbed to use you as the scapegoat. I would cut contact immediately with her no matter what you have been through with her - no one who had an sense of morals would ever use their friend in such a serious matter.

2) You've done the right thing talking to your husband about it. It shows your commitment to him and avoids any kind of confrontation that might present itself.

3) This woman and her husband do have issues, and ones that you do not want to get involved in. Don't try and prove that she is lying - she will get caught out - time does take care of this.....a friend of ours went through the same thing...is now divorced after all the lies, it proved too many and her PC left too much evidence and destroyed a marriage that could have been great.

4) You've built up great trust with your husband, he knows that you are a frequent dogwebber. Anyone who hides where they chat with their partners is up to something. My OH knows that I chat on Dogweb and he even reads the posts and some times offers advice.

You've done good Roxy, I'm sorry that you've had someone that you've invested time in let you down so much - it's not nice or fair, but now you know her true colours and you've done the right thing to let her go.

Much love to you Roxy.

xi

One other thing, you cutting the relationship and leaving at that is more than enough to convict her - don't fuel it - she's got some serious issues.
bullygirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I have to agree with most of the above. Anyone who would put a friend in that position is not a friend. Doesn't sound to me like she is even a very good person. I would spill the truth to her OH and cut her off as a friend. Friends like that you don't need. That put you in a terribly awkward position and could very well have caused major problems for you and your OH ( fortunately, that did not happen, but could have.) which she obviously never even considered. You don't need friends like that. If she did it once, she will do it again.

bullygirl
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanx for all your sound advice! Yeah it is a good job my husband trusts me or she could have caused a lot of trouble. (Mind you I have to say my husband does call DW "Bloody DW" LOL).

Anyway have decided to drop all contact with her (bit difficult she only lives 5 doors away).

Iv got better friends here!

Thanx
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Shes no friend Roxy...Stay onhere we all love you....
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >