View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 10:09 PM
good luck H - hope it all ends well for you.

she looks beautiful xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Now this is spooky.....today on my way to work I was on lates 12.30 start I saw a lady with a GSD and thought to myself I wonder if Helena ever found her perfect match......

and blow me here we are....fingers crossed.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Sorry I missed this yesterday , she is beautiful, wishing you the best of luck xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:07 AM
BAD NEWS!!! Tears before bedtime I'm afraid, I should have known...... A guy rang me at 9.45 pm. and told me Poppy is going today??? Blimey, that's quick isn't it??? He said they were queueing around the block for her, but that didn't surprise me. It makes me wonder, why they originally rehomed her with a 15 yr. old chiahuawah (oh darn can't spell that one this time of the morning!!) and she got sent back to Vigil coz she was too over exhuberant with it!! Not a good match. Maybe the match they have now will not be a good one and there might still be hope but I won't dwell on it.

Time to move on. I asked about Winnie, and the guy actually has her with him at home, but he said she's too over possessive with her owner and barks and growls at anybody who comes near you until she knows it's ok. Well that would be fine in normal circumstances, but considering all the stress I go through here with old Mum, it wouldn't be a good scenario all the work I would have to do with that one!! I did it with Georgie when he first came here but times were different back then. No, I just want a dog that is friendly with everyone (coz I have a lot of people coming and going here including my carer!)especially a dog friendly one, I don't want Georgie upset. I am willing to put in all the necessary training, but not that kind of training where fur could fly!!! I'm sure you understand my reasoning here.

So, he said I will be getting a phone call before Tuesday for a homecheck coz my home check is too far back now and everything is different Kathy mailed me back last night even though she's on a course in Wales, and said my home check of years ago WOULD still count, and anyways, it's the same lovely guy from Brighton who will definitely remember us so no worries there! My plan will then be to take a trip up to the kennels, which is only an hour away in the car, take a look around, meet all the lovely doglets and hopefully fall inlove at first sight with one of them.... I only want one!!

I was really upset last night, and then I remembered WHY I went out and bought a puppy last time I dealt with Vigil! That won't happen this time though, I'm going to be patient, I'm in no hurry, but I know what I'm looking for, just have to find her or him if they'll let me have a dog with a dog, but I doubt that!

Thanks for getting all excited with me, but now we're on a downer I'm afraid! Won't be for long though!!! xxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:10 AM
So sorry, Aitch........

Your perfect girl is out there, honey. Don't give up looking for her - she needs you xxx

x0x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Aww so sorry Helena, and I'm sorry for Poppy as I know she would have been so happy with you and Georgie. Fingers crossed for next time xxx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:48 AM
So sorry but maybe not meant to be and your "real" dog is out there just waiting for you xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear your news but ''the right one'' will be along I'm sure.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Aw Sorry to read that H, hugs from us. Let's hope your new family member is just around the corner, I know it must be heartbreaking for you you have had some real dissappointments alomg the way, but "your" perfect friend is out there.

ps I am with you on the patience bit, I don't do patience very well either!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Sorry it did not work out, but your girl is out there somewhere just waiting.

Did you ask if poppy does not work out with new owners to let you know.
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »