View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Many rescues with limited staff/resource will have a pretty strict routine and they will try and set aside a certain time each day to return calls etc.

Don't forget, you're probably not the only person they need to phone back, there may be others after Poppy or other dogs, people wanting to give donations, suppliers wanting paying etc. etc.

If they tried to deal with all calls as and when they came in, they just wouldn't get the other essential things done.

I do hope that 'Waverley' is a good sign for you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 07:24 PM
I understand Hali I'll just sit here quietly now.....and wait......like a good girl then...... won't be easy ya know!!!! Trouble with me is, I'm sooooo impatient, and I've been looking and looking for 6 months now so when I see something I like that's just the perfect dog, I expect it all to fit into place, but NOW! I'm just that type, but I can do "waiting", not very well, but I CAN do it!!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 07:31 PM
gorgeous girl - fingers crossed she is yours soon.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I know how much this means to you H, but I do agree with Hali - as blooming difficult as it is, try to be patient and I am sure someone will contact you soon.

I volunteered for the GSD rescue that Archie was with for 5 years, and as well as all the rescue stuff (homechecking, assessing dogs, paperwork for dogs coming in and out, telephone calls for people giving up dogs/wanting dogs, exercising, feeding, cleaning kennels etc). I also had a full-time job, dogs of my own etc, so time really was in short supply.

I just KNOW Poppy is the dog for you and am confident someone will getback to you asap.

Oh but the sheer agony of waiting!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Any news H? Just read all this thread hoping for great news by the end......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Nuffink!!!! I wonder how long this patience of mine will have to last...... I will be ringing them again tomorrow, coz it's the week-end, Dave is off and we could just goooooooooooooooooo and collect her! Lol!xxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 09:03 PM
im keeping my fingers crossed for you Helena

xxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh H, just caught this and omg she is so beautiful I so hope she is home with you, Dave and the luscious Georgie asap, cos I truly think you could give this beautiful girl such a brilliant life that she deserves
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and the gang are crossing their paws too
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 09:30 PM
There is a new piccie of her on the rescue forum H. I am doing my best to find out what is going on for you
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

28-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Aw Helena just caught this thread and I have my fingers, toes and legs crossed - eyes as well, so hurry up those who have that gorgeous Poppy and hand it over to Helena - who deserves it more that any others (no harm to them but I think Helena should get it). She is a beaut! Love her coat.

Oh Helena, Loki has her paws crossed and the parrots have their claws crossed.

She is a beauty and would be a fantastic companion for Georgie.

Good luck and look forward to a positive result for you.

Take care and bless.

Love Rose, Loki, PJ and Soochie xxxx
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »