View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doggies4Evers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2007, 08:36 AM

No Kill Shelter - dogs/cats - whats going on?!

A no-kill animal shelter, what is really going on with this place of dogs/cats that over crowded, lack off food/water/attention/right caging/room?! You be the judge of it, what your thoughts and views. What should be done? Does anyone live around or in that area who can check if that's just happening? Poor animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu-uplX6fNI

I know that taking in alot of unwanted pets so they dont die or get sent away could be very understandable, or at least I am guessing thats what happens to these places, because they sure dont make the room/etc these poor dogs even cats need in there place of saving them or whats there real reason, I like to think its the one I am thinking of.

Poor dogs, I only wish I had the tools needed to save and help you all!!!!!
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Sorry - I just couldn't watch that all the way through
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
That's no better than a puppy farmer. Poor Poor dogs
Becky
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
and the authoritys let them carry on like that, terrible, those poor dogs,
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I believe my local shelter is petitioning to be allowed to become a no-kill shelter. As horrible as it may sound, I won't sign or support it. There is a second shelter that is already a no-kill in the next town. I've been to that one and have seen the animals inside. They told me they have dogs and cats living there that have been there since they were puppies! This shelter was trying to be a good place but just simply didn't have enough room. Thankgoodness many of our local veterinarians volunteer their time to spay and neuter all of the animals that come into that shelter. But after seeing the conditions of this no-kill shelter, my opinion is that our dogs will be happier running across rainbow bridge rather than living in a cooped up kennel all day. However, not all shelters are bad. It's just that so many of the small, little local shelters just don't have the money or room to support so many animals.
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2007, 02:20 PM
i also could not watch it all the way through, it is soo cruel too keep animals caged up like that, i am sick and shocked, there has too be more that can be done rather than keeping them in these awful conditions. I too think running across rainbow bridge would be far better than to have them treated and neglected the way they are,,how awful poor little babies.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 02:35 PM
There are no kill shelters who limit the number of animals they take in. It is the number of animals that are the problem if limitations are not set. I could not watch it to the end either.
Doggies4Evers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2007, 03:44 PM
I see. There is a couple worse crimes being done. I need to add them here, but I dont know if you'd be able to watch it will, just bring dog awareness known to people, One is happening in north carolina, a kill box if you will, etc.