register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

15-01-2007, 11:54 AM

Anybody have a rescue dog from either East midlands rescue or babbington?

Does anybody have a rescue dog from either eastmidlands rescue centre or Babbington rescue? Would love to see pics.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Daniellew View Post
Does anybody have a rescue dog from either eastmidlands rescue centre or Babbington rescue? Would love to see pics.
We have a rescue but not from that area
chin_wag
New Member!
Female 

02-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Daniellew View Post
I know this is rather late but I often dog sit my sisters saluki cross Cassie who we got from East Midlands Rescue a couple of years ago.

She's an absolute darling and we really love her.

lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
She's lovely - the bottom picture reminds me of a ballet dancer from swan lake - very graceful
chin_wag
New Member!
Female 

02-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by lizziel View Post
She's lovely - the bottom picture reminds me of a ballet dancer from swan lake - very graceful
Thank you.

We think she's beautiful but this is her ladyship in a not so graceful pose.

and one of her having 'fun' at Christmas

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 11:39 PM
That is one gorgeous collar she is sporting...
chin_wag
New Member!
Female 

03-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
That is one gorgeous collar she is sporting...

She's definitely a gold collar sort of girl
Dunk Mac
New Member!
Male 

12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Wow! I adopted a 4 month old Saluki cross in December 2006, from Babbington Rescue. His name is "Dave" and the resemblance to Cassie is scary! He's about 8 months now. I too could not resist the antlers at Christmas!
If only I knew how to attach pictures . I'll keep trying!
chin_wag
New Member!
Female 

13-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dunk Mac View Post
Wow! I adopted a 4 month old Saluki cross in December 2006, from Babbington Rescue. His name is "Dave" and the resemblance to Cassie is scary! He's about 8 months now. I too could not resist the antlers at Christmas!
If only I knew how to attach pictures . I'll keep trying!
Ooh I'd love to see pics. Dave sounds lovely and I love the name. I bet he's into everything isn't he?

Cassie's about 7 now but she'd had a couple of litters before she was dumped by the travellers so there's a definite possiblity that Dave could be her grandson or even her great grandson!

Any saluki blood really seems to dominate doesn't it? I love the way Cassie stares into the distance with her little ears forward. Unfortunately we think she's been used for coursing so we do have to be careful. She caught a cat in my garden but fortunately it was completely unharmed. She killed a rat that was eating the wild bird food in my parents garden though. Jumped eight foot over the patio to land on the poor thing and killed it instantly.

I'd love to hear more about Dave if you have time.
Dunk Mac
New Member!
Male 

21-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Dave was adopted back in December last year. I was looking to adopt a female rescue dog that was a couple of years old, but I had a phone call from the centre to say they had a puppy and would I be interested? When my wife and I saw him, he was very skinny and had bold patches all over him. He also had a ring of hair missing around his neck where a rope had been. He had been abused and then tied to a post in a garden and left. When the dog warden resued him, they said that he had survived by licking the dew from the grass to get water. He was very thin and the bold patches were caused by him being left in the rain. The rope around his neck was also a problem, as it was tied so tight that he couldn't lay his head down to sleep!

After hearing this and seeing him running around the reception of the rescue centre, we said we would have him.

Needless to say, he has taken over our lives and is very settled in his new home! I can't imagine the place without him now, he's just brilliant. He is however, increadibly stuborn when he wants to be, but I guess thats the Saluki in him!

Still trying to post some photos and as soon as I figure it out I'll put some on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >