Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2018, 11:35 AM

Daily Thread Sunday 4th March

Good morning everyone

Lovely photos Lynn and of course the best ones are of Dillon

Hope you enjoyed your evening out Griff and are not too drunk

Started off lovely and sunny and quite warm this morning but now raining hard. Been busy making oat biscuits and apple crumble and apple and blackberry crumbles, so son should have some food to take home next weekend.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Afternoon Sue and all to follow.
Wet and mild here to. At least i do not have to worry about Mark doing the dreadful journey to work and back down the back roads between Somersham and Wisbech. He took yesterday off due to the amount of snow thank goodness.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Been busy making oat biscuits and apple crumble and apple and blackberry crumbles,
'morning Sue and all who follow

Love apple crumble and even better is apple & blackberry

Thanks to Chris, Griff, and Gordon for all the 'rat' advice. I have decided to use a different type of bait on each trap one from the three suggestions and also someone local told me peanut butter is good.

Must sort this now because this morning I counted three, none in the traps but as GM says maybe they need to be in place for longer (3 or more days)

Have pesuaded SWMBO that we must move the bird feeder and she must not put bird seed on the ground. Will provide an update tomorrow or when there is some news

Minimum temperature last night was +1C so snow nearly gone now. Will have a quick lunch and take Casey out and Lara if she wants to come.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Murky and a balmy 4 degrees. A heatwave by recent comparisons. Had a lovely walk, breakfast and a feeling of freedom after being cooped up inside since Monday.

I'm keeping my eye on the temperature because as soon as it goes up a little more without rain, I really must get the outside of the windows done. The sand has made it like looking out of a milky screen.

It's unbelievable that three days ago we were cut off through snow and now there's hardly a trace of it. British weather, ain't it wonderful lol.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Good day everyone - similar here with the weather it must have got up to one degree or so today and a full scale thaw is commencing.
Good luck with the ratting Harvey and hope that Chris is getting over her "cabin fever" and is soon out cleaning windows.
Meanwhile Sue is brushing up on her baking techniques (One is given to wonder if stardom calls, in the form of the Great British Bake-off?).
Lynn good pics esp of Dillon - he always makes me smile - he seems such a happy chap.
No sign of Griff today - perhaps the mother of all hangovers has her in it's deathly grip - although I do hope this isn't the case. I must admit that it is many, many years since I had one of those but I remember them very well and am prone to sympathise with any sufferers of a really bad one!
The dogs will miss the snow when it eventually departs completely for they have all been diving about in drifts like so many big puppies, although it has to be said that at only 12inches or so high Scout has her work cut out to keep up with the others. Although low in inches she is high in determination and sheer guts so she is never that far off the action. At this time of year her coat is very long and curly and she arrives home like a snowball with shiny black button eyes poked in the front.
May pop on much later but till then it's bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Lol..LG...yep, i was in a very bad state Lol...i blame my dad!! i have chinese takeaway all over my jeans and my suede knee high boots, only just managed to eat a sandwich, not a thing i wish to repeat and am not usually bad ever
Snow is virtually gone here now, we got monsoons instead Lol...2 really heavy down pours
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2018, 08:18 PM
happy 46 yrs of marriage Sue L today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Awww congrats Sue and Barry xx
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2018, 10:12 PM
Evening all bipeds and quadrupeds.
Trust that you are all getting over the nice "spring" weather.

As usual, walked a lot today and avoided the rain.
Earlier today we met a bunch of Springier Spaniel pups - siblings I imagine. They came at Max yapping and jumping at him. Max just calmly stood there, tall and aloof you might say, while they went about their antics. The owner was most apologetic. Unnecessary I told her.. Max is just Max.. But it did kinda please me that he behaved so well. Behaves so well, actually. As my dear wife says, we can take him anywhere

She and her friend, Lovely Liz, tell me not to take him out after dark. I think they worry that I might get mugged. Maybe with some justification. There have been a two cases in the past few years of a couple of fatalities. Drug related I believe. That alone takes me out of the loop.

Then I have my hairy minder.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2018, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Although low in inches she is high in determination and sheer guts so she is never that far off the action. At this time of year her coat is very long and curly and she arrives home like a snowball
I am convinced dogs do not ever think of size, they do what has to be done. Baruska would have a go at a huge John Dere tractor if she thought it was a threat to 'her' pack, and lay down her life if needs be.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
not a thing i wish to repeat and am not usually bad ever
Yeh we beleve you glad you're OK now.

Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
happy 46 yrs of marriage Sue L today
Congratulations

Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I think they worry that I might get mugged. Maybe with some justification. There have been a two cases in the past few years of a couple of fatalities. Drug related I believe.
Drugs have had a terrible impact on life in our towns and cities, one of the reasons we prefer small country villages.

I'm up late as I was watching something on channel 19 normally under the duvet and snorring by this time

Goodnight all, see you tomorrow
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >