Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2017, 09:45 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 23rd November

Good Morning all. This is my second attempt at opening the thread, what happened to the first one I do not know.
Anyway I hope you are all in fine fettle.

Have a good day both two and four legged friends, stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you get the right answers to your problem
when you see the solicitor

Well done Lynn nearly there with the decorating. It will be nice to sit back for a while when done.

Lovely day here now after being overcast first thing. Five bags of leaves cleared from around the front door - why do we get everyone elses! Have also been out and collected the final presents for the granddaughters and have told son no more room I already have one full case that does not expand and will no doubt have to expand the other one!

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2017, 11:55 AM
I phoned the solicitor to find out how much he was going to charge me for next Mondays meeting and he said £100 plus vat for 30 minutes. So I have put it on hold. I will find some other way around the problem. No good throwing good money after bad. It wouldn't take long at that rate to clock up £20Ks worth of debt!

Got an ok from my Diabetic Retinal Screening! One problem solved.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Yes it is going to take both cars today to get the leaves to the dump. That is about 17 or more bags full of them. Still loads more to fall so the blower has a bit more work to do yet
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Afternoon Moyra,, Sue, Barry and all to follow.

Very breezy here again today. We seem to get everyone else's leaves to Sue and Barry. Mostly Paul and Beth's to many trees in small garden.
That is a lot Moyra. You are not being held accountable for this mortgage debt are you ?

Downstairs tidy Gorden has patched in the paint on the bedroom ceiling which i missed when painting just a couple of small areas but annoying. To me anyway.
Having a sit down as brushed Dillon to earlier then changing and doing the marzipan on friends christmas cake.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2017, 01:07 PM
No Lynn, it is what my ex owed me and in fact put £20k away in a special a/c in case he had to pay out. You can bet she has since spent that!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon all my nights finished J's little one still in hospital.....sadly.

But got lovely bouquet of flower this afternoon delivered from my manager Simon,simply says "Thank you for your support Simon" there was simply no need but the fact he did maybe shows why I did it, mutual respect and support. More simply a "team".

Sue - good luck with the Santa run........sounds so exciting.

Moyra I think I would go to the solicitor and spend the £100 see where you stand; then pursue other options. Maybe a letter is all it will take. Glad your kidneys are in finer fettle than not.

Lynn Sounds like your house is coming togther well. Good idea to brush Dillon before bringing out marzipan............LOL

Tw Are you sure you are not going out shaking all the local trees....LOL

To everyone have a great afternoon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2017, 04:32 PM
I see Moyra sincerely hope she hasn't spent it seeings as it isn't hers to spend.
Lovely gesture Kazz from your colleague do hope his little one gets better soon and is home for christmas.

Always best to brush Dillon do the hoovering and change before doing any kind of cooking cake decorating.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Moyra you should explore options re the legal matter. The CAB might be able to point you in the direction of a solicitor who does a reduced 1/2 hour consultation. You might qualify for legal aid.
Did your ex leave a will? Who are the executors? Has probate been granted?
A lot of this stuff you can find out online now. Might be worth your while. You won’t know unless you delve a bit deeper.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Yes it is going to take both cars today to get the leaves to the dump. That is about 17 or more bags full of them. Still loads more to fall so the blower has a bit more work to do yet
Doesn't your local authority collect it? We have a green bin that is used for garden waste and collected every other week.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >