Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
How hard is it to knock a dog on the head and bury it?

rune
Can you imagine the public uproar if someone found hundreds of graves of dead dogs? Can you picture a PF doing the hard graft of digging up 100 graves?

Palming them off to someone else is the easiest option imo.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Can you imagine the public uproar if someone found hundreds of graves of dead dogs? Can you picture a PF doing the hard graft of digging up 100 graves?

I agree with what you are saying BUT if MT didn't take them as pups then they would be killed inhumanely, sold to dog fighters as bait or left to suffer like so many others in apalling states and taken in by rescues once they have deep ingrained problems where they are likely to be un-homeable and spend life in kennels or PTS. Surely although it aids the PF's to continue breeding, we as a whole country would prefer these little pups who are 'imperfect' get a chance at a good home, All the pups surrendered to rescue are done so without profit, maybe just maybe these idiot breeders (loose terms) will realize one day that a healthy pup is much more profitable than an ill bred ill kept litter from an over bred bitch that is fed crap????
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 01:20 PM
But it leads to more suffering, so much more suffering down the line Ali because it's easy for the PFs.

If we make life hard for the puppy farmers we have a better chance of stopping them.
I doubt it would TBH, as PF'ing is big business and for everyone of us that wouldn't/don't/tried to stop them there are hundreds that will continue to buy from them.

I think we have to look at humans as a whole, we are dog lovers and come on here with all kinds of different passions, from someone who would get angry that someone had kicked out at their dog to whether their next door neighbour leaves their dog outside all day and night.
What most of us see as cruelty alot will not.
If one of our animals die we as a forum feel their pain in loosing that animal, I however have come face to face with people who say ....what! its only a dog, go and get another
Yes maybe unloading the poor dogs that have suffered at the hands of PF's feels like we are making it easy for the PF, but you have to see the suffering the animal has endured, doesn't that animal deserve to know that there is kindness and loving from the hands of humans, not just misery.
Yes the PF'er can go and get more and breed same as the BYB'r but if there is some small way we 'animal lovers' can bring them out f that kind of life and secure the remainder of their lives with love, safety, kindness, compassion, understanding, isn't that far better than allowing them to be killed off.
We may not be able to stop PF'ing but 'we' I feel should be able to rescue the poor souls that never asked to be treated in such a horrendous existence.
For me to hold safe a dog that had been used for such horrors, to see that tail wag for that first time out of happiness.........that is heaven. As I took Reah who went through this.............Im proud to say she gave me her whole and IMO that was enough.

As for the ones that suffer the spade, the drowning or the hammer over the head..........it is easy to dispose of them, the rescues that do negotiate with these vile people do it at a risk and I for one take off my hat to them for caring
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 01:21 PM

Yes it is easier---do you really think they'd stop if they couldn't do that?

IMO they would find other ways of getting rid of the dogs. Look at how long the greyhound bloke got away with shooting them and dumping them.

Are you saying those ex breeding dogs don't deserve the chance of a life?

No buts or ifs or maybe's here---either they do or they don't.

I think they do.

rune
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I saw one puppy farm on tv the place was huge acre after acre of land ,hiding dead puppies would not be problem ,bon fires ,lime and farm hands to do the dirty work..
The Puppy farmer wouldnt have to get there hands dirty..
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2012, 01:27 PM
I can't imagine for one minute that the PFs would go to so much trouble.......a smack on the head with a shovel and bonfire more likely. Not much trouble really is it for such callous b*****ds!

Whether that happens or they are taken on by rescues.....both options an 'easy out' for the PFs surely?

I've rescued an ex-breeding bitch from Ireland through Many Tears and she is the sweetest lil dog ever. To see her running through fields enjoying life at long last, after what I imagine must have been a horrendous first 6 years of her life is heart warming.
Surely these dogs deserve some sort of happiness in their lives?

I don't believe that the rescue people NOT taking them on would have any effect on the PFs at all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 01:27 PM

Graves..........I doubt PF's work that hard at digging graves. Alot are just dumped way off somewhere like the Greyhounds.

Or bodies burnt.

Its not often Greyhounds that have been killed and dumped have their day of justice neither do the bodies of dogs from PF's.

Im sorry but I know someone who fetches out of Ireland and its laughable to think those people they get them off would bother burying a body, they just wouldn't Azz sad but true, more likely left to the crows in some deserted place
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 01:39 PM
It doesn't really matter whether or not we agree with the practice of taking on puppy farm breeding bitches and surplus puppies or not, the fact is, this is a rescue that places unwanted dogs and puppies into home where they can have a better life.

Why on Earth try to close them down, or discredit them? As far as I am aware, they operate totally legally and keep the dogs in good conditions whilst they are in their care. How can that be wrong?
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Its okay saying something like this and i know its a view held by many, however if charities like MT didnt take these dogs, what will happen to them, they will be disposed of anyway and that "anyway" does not bear thinking about....
But Many Tears are not a charity Velvetboxers. They have deliberately chosen not to operate as a charity. Their rationale for this decision is (or was) on their website.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by parsonsmum View Post
smack on the head with a shovel and bonfire more likely. Not much trouble really is it for such callous b*****ds!

Surely these dogs deserve some sort of happiness in their lives?

I don't believe that the rescue people NOT taking them on would have any effect on the PFs at all.
Totally agree.
There is also the question of PR. Every time someone asks `where did you get the dog`, every time the owner tells the story, every time an ex-PF dog makes the news another nail is driven into the puppymill coffin.
If not - out of sight, out of mind.
The protesters stopping calves being trucked out to the continental veal crate system only delayed a few animals en route to a terrible fate. But the fact they made it so public prompted the legislation.
The dead have no voice. Let`s shove these `rejects` into the face of the public.
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »