Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by borderladysue View Post
Has she enquired at her vets practice? ours was great infact if we hadnt found our own adoption one of the vets was going to have him himself, he was happy we had found him a forever home but was secretly disapointed as he had spoken to his family and they all said ok.
just trying to be constructive and think of the avenues we took. i KNOW how heartbreaking and stressfull this situation is.
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Weimaraner rescue don't have their own kennels, they only use kennels if the situation is desperate and then they use one run by people who own the breed and have a behaviourist on site, so it is normally only problem dogs who go there. Many of the dogs there stay in the house too.

Normally the dog is assessed, the potential home is homechecked and then the 2 are put in touch with each other, unless distance is a problem, then volunteers will help move the dog, they do given updates on the dog if the previous owner wishes.

Your friend would be made very welcome on the Weimaraner forum, I don't think we we can put links to other forums on here so search for weimaraner.tv
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh how I wish I could take him, I just showed him to Clive but it was a firm no whilst we have Leon, and I know that is the sensible approach...but it doesn't stop me from wanting the little lad.

I understand totally where the owner is coming from, I didn't want to involve rescue when I had to rehome my babies, to be able to meet the people who will be taking him, see where he would be living will be paramount in her mind. My heart goes out to her as I know exactly how hard this is and how awful she is going to feel when he has gone to his new home.

I will certainly be keeping an eye on the thread, and trying my hardest to work on Clive
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 03:05 PM
If some was to offer to foster him would she want him back?
The person im asking for already owns 2 weims..and she would possibly be willing to foster the dog on the basis that when JD's owner was ready to take him back, he would be there waiting for her!??

She also knows some one that was looking for a weim pup not that long ago..and will speak with them tomorrow, letting them know about JD..
BarbaraM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Out of interest - is he docked?????

and how does he get on with other dog??
BarbaraM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi Karen - I have pm's you re an offer of a home for JD
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by BarbaraM View Post
Hi Karen - I have pm's you re an offer of a home for JD
ohh this is BRILLIANT news
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by BarbaraM View Post
Out of interest - is he docked?????

and how does he get on with other dog??
Hi Barbara I have pm'd you back.
he's not been docked and he's fine with other dogs but very excitable when he meets them.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh how I wish I could take him, I just showed him to Clive but it was a firm no whilst we have Leon, and I know that is the sensible approach...but it doesn't stop me from wanting the little lad.

I understand totally where the owner is coming from, I didn't want to involve rescue when I had to rehome my babies, to be able to meet the people who will be taking him, see where he would be living will be paramount in her mind. My heart goes out to her as I know exactly how hard this is and how awful she is going to feel when he has gone to his new home.

I will certainly be keeping an eye on the thread, and trying my hardest to work on Clive
awww thank you
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
If some was to offer to foster him would she want him back?
The person im asking for already owns 2 weims..and she would possibly be willing to foster the dog on the basis that when JD's owner was ready to take him back, he would be there waiting for her!??

She also knows some one that was looking for a weim pup not that long ago..and will speak with them tomorrow, letting them know about JD..
thanks I have forwarded your reply to JD's owner
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »