Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
Defensive because he needs a home and there's already another thread with quite enough 'information' about NIS breeders and the society without having to go through it all over again on here.

Yes, the breeder should take him back if they are able. But you and I and the rest of the world both know that doesn't always happen, regardless of what breed or crossbreed the dog is. What matters is that he gets a new home soon, not what help the society should or shouldn't be giving him.
maybee the 'society' could be shamed into helping him,imo is worse that its known who bred him!!...its a big network of breeders out there,your telling me not one can help an older lad???
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
maybee the 'society' could be shamed into helping him,imo is worse that its known who bred him!!...its a big network of breeders out there,your telling me not one can help an older lad???
I'm not the one you should be asking that. If you want them to do something about it then contact them. So far as I'm aware they were trying to do just that.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm not the one you should be asking that. If you want them to do something about it then contact them. So far as I'm aware they were trying to do just that.
i think you get me wrong,i just think its soooo sad and he is not an 'unkown' either he is a sire and was a pet no 10 year old should be homeless and unwanted
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I think he is better of in the rescue centre, as long as he wont be PTS. He will have a better chance of being found a decent, forever home.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 04:11 PM
i think you get me wrong,i just think its soooo sad and he is not an 'unkown' either he is a sire and was a pet no 10 year old should be homeless and unwanted
I agree
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I also agree. This poor old boy shouldn't be ousted from his family in his old age. He needs stability and all the love he deserves.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I also agree. This poor old boy shouldn't be ousted from his family in his old age. He needs stability and all the love he deserves.
Lets hope with all our best wishes and asking around, someone decent will turn up for him.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I am surprised that Julie can't remember who he is from (parent wise) as I am sure she said she has only ever bred the odd patchy pup? Or perhaps I am wrong. Like you say , it is strange ref the 'data' base. Not brilliantly effective by the sounds of things, then again he is approx 10 years old, perhaps there was no record keeping at that time.

Ref the accidental litter, OMG
Ref letting him go, I really cannot relate to it, so many dogs being three : I understand they may have lost their farm etc and feel for them but , I bet the dogs would've been better with them even if they did down size, rather than the risk that they would end up here, there and everywhere , as has happened with at least one of these dogs, namely Chief.
Storm and Chief + 2 pups = 4!

Unfortunately Nes if they drastically downsized it may be that a new house simply would not be big enough to comfortably fit them in, with which I can sympathize as I had to re-home my 4th (Fifi - stop laughing Dawn!!) for similar reasons. Not forgetting even if they could squish them in if they are having serious financial difficulties it may not be financially viable to keep them especially if their land was the source of their income (lose the land lose the income) and 4 big dogs can cost a fair amount in food alone, not forgetting vets bills and the like. I don't think they took the decision lightly, I really think you are being slightly harsh. We would all like to think that we would be able to keep all of our dogs till the end of their or our days but unfortunately it sometimes just isn't possible.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I KNEW IT!! I just had a gut feeling JK bred that dog, I honestly did! What an absolute diamond she is for leaving him in rescue! Not only that, but using rescue volunteers to deal with HER dogs, why the hell didnt she take him back? (probably better off) Im told the dog is extremely dog aggressive, and of course has been used as a stud dog! WAY TO GO NIS AND JK!!!

I sincerely hope all you "new" NI owners are proud of your "creator" and the Sheep that follow, what an absolute disgrace!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
Storm and Chief + 2 pups = 4!

Unfortunately Nes if they drastically downsized it may be that a new house simply would not be big enough to comfortably fit them in, with which I can sympathize as I had to re-home my 4th (Fifi - stop laughing Dawn!!) for similar reasons. Not forgetting even if they could squish them in if they are having serious financial difficulties it may not be financially viable to keep them especially if their land was the source of their income (lose the land lose the income) and 4 big dogs can cost a fair amount in food alone, not forgetting vets bills and the like. I don't think they took the decision lightly, I really think you are being slightly harsh. We would all like to think that we would be able to keep all of our dogs till the end of their or our days but unfortunately it sometimes just isn't possible.
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »