Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
His first home he was in for the most part of his life till he was about 7 or 8 but they did have a very genuine reason for re-home. His second home was in NIS foster whilst a forever home so his current home is is his 3rd which he's been in now for approx 2 years.
Why on earth hasnt his breeder had him back? Who bred him? If he was an NIS rehome, surely they know who bred him? Why is he in a general rescue? Why havent the NIS gone and taken him out and finding him a new home instead of leaving him in a general rescue? What is wrong with these people?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Am I correct in thinking this is the same dog?
http://www.the-northern-inuit-societ...cuesuccess.htm

Can I ask why the NIS have abandoned this dog?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why on earth hasnt his breeder had him back? Who bred him? If he was an NIS rehome, surely they know who bred him? Why is he in a general rescue? Why havent the NIS gone and taken him out and finding him a new home instead of leaving him in a general rescue? What is wrong with these people?
agreed!!
Am I correct in thinking this is the same dog?
http://www.the-northern-inuit-societ...cuesuccess.htm

Can I ask why the NIS have abandoned this dog?
wow - ohh Jeez yep thats the same dog Chief, i saw him on another site last night to..
what is wrong with these people?? and then they wonder why there is so much ill feeling, well thank you BD i am starting to understand it all
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Poor poor Chief
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Interesting questions. The dog may be better off at this rehoming centre. Obviously his third forever home was not a forever home, perhaps the rescue centre will vet potential owners better.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
Poor poor Chief
I agree. Hand on heart I felt gutted when I came across the advert
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Interesting questions. The dog may be better off at this rehoming centre. Obviously his third forever home was not a forever home, perhaps the rescue centre will vet potential owners better.
Intersting? Id of thought they were logiacal Nes? In the code of "ethics" doesnt it say breeders should take back their dogs? Even then, why, if its an NIS rehome havent they taken it in again? They are disgraceful.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 09:47 AM
No idea who his breeder was but my understanding was that who ever it was no longer breeds and handed over the dog to the NIS along with the breeding bitch?

The owner broke the contract she agreed to with the NIS and the first they heard about it was when i posted about it on the NIS forum. The NIS rescue have been looking into this one but i dont have an update on him. Will ask though and see whats happening.

So they have not turned there back on this dog but have been let down by his owner. Regrettably this happens when dealing with people you have to put a certain amount of trust into people and sometimes they betray this trust
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
No idea who his breeder was but my understanding was that who ever it was no longer breeds and handed over the dog to the NIS along with the breeding bitch?

The owner broke the contract she agreed to with the NIS and the first they heard about it was when i posted about it on the NIS forum. The NIS rescue have been looking into this one but i dont have an update on him. Will ask though and see whats happening.

So they have not turned there back on this dog but have been let down by his owner. Regrettably this happens when dealing with people you have to put a certain amount of trust into people and sometimes they betray this trust
You are wrong. The NIS have failed the dog, he has been in general rescue a while, they KNEW and have done nothing, the breeder is the primary person who should of taken this dog back. May I ask who told you about the original breder?
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 11:12 AM
How have the NIS failed? If the owner never told them about any problems or the fact he was going to rescue how were they meant to know - a magic ball? All rescues have to trust that the new owners will get back to them and ask for help just like all breeders do.

No one told me its on the NIS webpage that a bitch was rehomed at the same time and the son of chief was also rehomed. No mention of who bred chief but the bitch was a shadowlands girl and went back to her. The other two were rehomed through the NIS.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »