View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
miragedrum
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Sad news, Many Tears have decided not to let us take 2 dogs together so this means we can't have Brandy

I fully understand their concerns, just wish circumstances were different, so its back to square one finding a single dog just like Brandy...

Thanks everyone for all your help and messages
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by miragedrum View Post
Sad news, Many Tears have decided not to let us take 2 dogs together so this means we can't have Brandy

I fully understand their concerns, just wish circumstances were different, so its back to square one finding a single dog just like Brandy...

Good luck with your further search, It does make me very cross when Rescues have such strict criteria, I am sure many dogs have missed out on forever home by rescues being over cautious. This is exactly why my last two dogs have been bought as puppies and not from rescues even though both times I looked to the rescues first.

You sound like you have a lovely home to offer and I don't understand why you have been refused a dog for it being alone for two hours, this to me is not excessive (my dogs have to cope with 4,5 hours plus 7 on one day a week!!)
We all know Dogs usually adapt well and things can be done carefully!. I do hope this Girl finds her forever home and I also hope you are able to complete your family!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 10:11 PM
thats an awful shame it's hard enough finding forever homes for 1 dog let alone 2 you would of thought a little bit of leway would of been better than the dogs staying in the rescues
i expect for whatever reason they know their dogs best.

good luck in your search

p.s Jake is still available
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Good luck with your further search, It does make me very cross when Rescues have such strict criteria, I am sure many dogs have missed out on forever home by rescues being over cautious. This is exactly why my last two dogs have been bought as puppies and not from rescues even though both times I looked to the rescues first.

You sound like you have a lovely home to offer and I don't understand why you have been refused a dog for it being alone for two hours, this to me is not excessive (my dogs have to cope with 4,5 hours plus 7 on one day a week!!)
We all know Dogs usually adapt well and things can be done carefully!. I do hope this Girl finds her forever home and I also hope you are able to complete your family!
Unfortunatly Brandy is an exbreeding dog from a puppy farm, she has always been in the company of another dog and so would just not cope left on her own, she will however be ok on her own as long as theres a human there, but because of work this is not possible in this case. Its sad, but we ahve to put Brandy first.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 11:43 PM

Oh dear I am sorry, i have not heard from them, so didnt know this was the decision, what were there thoughts?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post

i agree... i know they want the best for the dogs but with so many needing a home, isnt it best that they go somewhere where they will be loved and cared for? i dont think 2 hours is at all excessive... and for that to be the only reason to turned someone down, well i think thats terrible.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Unfortunatly Brandy is an exbreeding dog from a puppy farm, she has always been in the company of another dog and so would just not cope left on her own, she will however be ok on her own as long as theres a human there, but because of work this is not possible in this case. Its sad, but we ahve to put Brandy first.
but miragedrum has said he wants to offer 2 rescue dogs a forever home, therefore Brandy would not be on her own at all??
miragedrum
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for all the messages

Tink - The centre described Neon as a bit of a monster so would not be suitable, this is completely the opposite to what her read up says, so don't understand that one plus they said they don't like the idea of me taking on 2 dogs which are strangers to each other which I suppose is understandable

We both feel very gutted, but we do understand their concerns, I have tried to think of everything to get around it, but there is no moving an unmovable object unforunately
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all the messages

Tink - The centre described Neon as a bit of a monster so would not be suitable, this is completely the opposite to what her read up says, so don't understand that one plus they said they don't like the idea of me taking on 2 dogs which are strangers to each other which I suppose is understandable

We both feel very gutted, but we do understand their concerns, I have tried to think of everything to get around it, but there is no moving an unmovable object unforunately
I'm sorry you seem to be having so much trouble when all you want to do is give one or two dogs a much needed, loving, permanent home. I suppose the rescue centres have their policies in place for reasons that they believe in and from experience, and they do such wonderful jobs in the main that it is very difficult to dispute their decisions.

I am certain that there will suddenly be just the dog or dogs materialise for you and you will realise why the obstacles have been there previously.

I wish you all the best in the continued search
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
miragedrum has offered homes for two dogs, he has alkso asked for many tears to recommend which dog would get on with Brandy and has still be turned down!!

I still want to know why a dog that has been a breeding bitch and kept with other dogs will not cope with a short spell alone?? If this was a dog off the street with an UNKNOWN history wuould she be given the chance to see if she is okay alone?? it seems very stupid when there are so many dogs languishing in kennels that they are not prepared to give what sounds like a perfect home the chance!!!!
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >