Our sister sites
Our sister sites
miragedrum
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-01-2010, 03:06 PM

Hi first poster with home available

Hi all

My name is Dylan and I live with my new wife in Cumbria near Kendal. I have previously owned a pair of pyranean Mountain dogs (brother and sister) called Milo and Fizz. Unfortunatley I was seperated from them through a divorce and miss them loads, but could not bring myself to seperate them and they are very happy in their environment.

Because of this I am now looking to fill a very large hole in my life, with a new doggie companion to share my new life.

Although I am used to looking after dogs, my wife is a dog virgin, so to speak and never had one, but she does love dogs.

As she is new to this we are looking for a fairly placid dog, but not docile, good on the lead and voice commands, is good with children and other animals, as we don't have children but have nieces and nephews who visit a lot.

My wife would like a dog with husky type looks, I like rotters and PMD dogs, but will consider ALL as we are looking for a friend not a model.

So if anyone can help we would very much appreciate it

many thanks in advance

Dylan & Laura
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
hello and welcome, I hope you find your companion. There are a few people on here that work with rescues so they may be able to help. Good luck xx
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 03:17 PM
You might like to take a look at the many tears rescue site, there are lots and lots and lots of different breeds of dogs there, all needind a home.

Have you also looked on the rescue pages here?

Welcome
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi, have a look on the Estrela Mountain Dog Accosiation website. There is a lovely quiet EMD brindle bitch on there up for rehoming. She is called Storm and is good with other animals and people, but is a little shy.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Just to add we have Brandy as a foster dog foir Many tears, she does fill your specifications apart from on the looks front as she is a beagle
miragedrum
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-01-2010, 03:59 PM
many thanks for all the responses, all "leads" will be looked into lol

out of interest where can i see Brandy? like i said looks are not that important, but i have to choose the right temprement so as not to put my wife off for life, remember this is a first dog for her and i want a dog she will fall in love with

cheers
miragedrum
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
By the way, the dog has to get used to a couple of things;

walks in the lake district and the surrounding fells, lying on a furry rug in front of a log fire, its own sofa, being very pampered and loved to bits....
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by miragedrum View Post
By the way, the dog has to get used to a couple of things;

walks in the lake district and the surrounding fells, lying on a furry rug in front of a log fire, its own sofa, being very pampered and loved to bits....
Sounds like a hard life to me!!!!!! I'm sure there must be loads of applicants out there.Good luck with your search.
miragedrum
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-01-2010, 05:10 PM
i think i have just found brandy at many tears, is this the correct one? if so she is lovely and could be just what we are looking for
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi and welcome, good luck with your search...Oh by the way sounds like your new dog may have a hard life (only joking)
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »