Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Some posts have been removed.

Please note we do not allow puppy/dog for sale ads on Dogsey.
Please note this previous message from a Moderator , also take note this thread is 2 years old.
Thank you
Ted Bennison
New Member!
Male 

27-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by 3Beloved View Post
Hello...

does anyone know of any malamutes akitas or huskys for sale or needing a new home...as me and my family really want one!!
Hi, try preloved site, type in husky and search, lots for sale and FTGH, good luck T,sunka
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ted Bennison View Post
Hi, try preloved site, type in husky and search, lots for sale and FTGH, good luck T,sunka
Please note this is an old thread.
The last place I would suggest a person goes to to get a dog is the free websites.

Best to contact the breed clubs of your chosen breed and ask for a list of approved breeder who have have health tested their stock.
If you don't want a specific breed try the rescue sites, at least that way you stand a better chance of getting a healthy dog and you won't risk paying a puppy farmer for producing unhealthy dogs in miserable conditions .
Annie08
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Are you still looking for a Mal?
Annie08
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I know of someone emigrating and needs forever home
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Annie08 View Post
Are you still looking for a Mal?
This thread is 3 years old...
alan&rebecca
New Member!
Male 

07-11-2012, 08:28 PM
hi we had a akita for nearly 12 yrs cracking dog but very very head strong & any sigh of weakness he would try to bully you.i,m 103kg ex rugby league player and he would try push me about if he could.on the plus side they are a very loyal breed but that can be a bit negative with other dogs/ people. i would not have 1 with kids around.....regards alan
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by alan&rebecca View Post
hi we had a akita for nearly 12 yrs cracking dog but very very head strong & any sigh of weakness he would try to bully you.i,m 103kg ex rugby league player and he would try push me about if he could.on the plus side they are a very loyal breed but that can be a bit negative with other dogs/ people. i would not have 1 with kids around.....regards alan
eh? Why not?

My 2 are fab with our baby.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I grew up with Akitas (amongst other breeds) from being a baby right through to adulthood. I will certainly have them in the future too.

If I didn't have the GSDs I have now and was considering an Akita, I wouldn't be put off because I have an 8 year old Son (who fortunately is very dog savvy).

Akitas make fantastic pets. Yes they can be head strong but generally they do not try to "bully" people. They can be stubborn and not always do as they're told but you need to think outside the box for training etc. I certainly would never assume that physically because of my size or weight that I would or wouldn't be able to control a dog.

Akitas are great around kids. I am living proof of that and I'm sure other members who own/have owned Akitas will tell you the same.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2