View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Regarding having to log in again before being able to post on this thread.

Have been having a bit of modem bother this morning (It's been very good but on odd days it does 'cut out' sometimes)

I just noticed when trying to post one of the above comments that I couldn't do it 'cos I was logged out. Then I suddenly realised this coincided with the modem doing a wobbly.

So for those who have been having problems maybe it's down to your modem misbehaving.

Of course I write the above only as a suggestion, although I did have some electronic telecom experience it was a long time ago and frankly things have changed so much in the last 20 years I don't consider myself an expert in any way
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Hello Losos
Thank you for your input re: pension info.
It was Tarmac who was mentioned who then, in my case, got transferred to a company called Ruberoid.
I’ve gone back on all the papers but I can’t really make head nor tail of it. Admin has never been my strong point but I’ve saved all that’s been sent to me, most of which is voting papers for trustees and the like and the last communication from them was Nov ‘16.
Anyway I’ve emailed them the above and hope they’ll be able to give me some info set out very simply!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope you have managed to get out for your walk and it stayed dry Harvey. Apple crumble on its way but NO cream

Hope you get a easy to understand reply Twix re your pension and hope everything is safe for you.

Good that the garage was able to fix your wing mirror at such a reasonable charge Brenda

I have to be very careful when putting my car in the garage and have to fold the mirrors to do so. Once I managed to scrape the front wing because it had been parked too close to that side

Speak to your doctor Moyra perhaps they can do something to help with your walking.

Cake is also on the way to you Griff - hope you enjoy

Been busy this morning - just housework have started the Spring cleaning. Been out for lunch and then onto a garden centre with other retail outlets. There is shop there with some lovely duvet covers. Bought one last week - 50o/o off so got another today and it was £10 less - bargain.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Chris and Sue, trouble is I didn't do it. The car was outside the house over night both times so goodness knows who or what did it. (Gordon maybe a kamma kasie chicken hit it. rofl!!) Thought I'd get that in before you said anything. bg!! Anyway it is fixed now. Raining here. That fine wet stuff. Bit windy to. Fortunately have been out with Tyto before it started so he didn't get wet. As to logging on, there is a box next to your names that say's keep me logged in. Click the box and fingers crossed. At least that is what I did. Have a good afternoon peeps. Losos where is the pic of the doglets? Missed it somewhere along the way. Losos found the photo now. Lovely pic.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Afternoon all! Hope y'all are doing fine or better than.

Strolled this morning and almost as soon as I got out the front door, the horizontal rain started. Should I stay or should I go......
We went, no rain coats but, well, it's just water innit..........
I was going to the local convenience store but, because of the inclement weather, I took a shorter route. We fell in with another dog owner and chatted as we sociable dog owners are inclined to.

He was on his way to post a letter. It was an order for dog food. No problem but it did surprise me that he was doing it by snail mail. In 2018. We do almost all our shopping on line. Groceries, clothing, dog food......

I suppose those of us on this forum are somewhat computer savvy - or we wouldn't be on here........

Some people, the elderly for the most part possibly, are not computer literate. Who am I to call people elderly? I suppose, being in my seventies, I'd fall into that category. But this guy was at least ten years my junior.

Mais, c'est la vie.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Hello all.

Home and having pork chops and cauli cheese for dinner looking forward to it.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Hello all
Been to Derby with Mum had a wander then went to Costa for coffee. It absolutely threw it down. Tony stayed home with Rosie,
Will pop back on later, need to charge my iPad only ave 3% left
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Chris and Sue, trouble is I didn't do it. The car was outside the house over night both times so goodness knows who or what did it.
That's even worse. You haven't even got anyone to rant and rave at. At least I got to lord it over my hubby for a week or so each time
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 06:24 PM
I know. Never mind at least it gave the car a run.Just watching Father Brown from this afternoon. So funny.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Hi Twix
"It was Tarmac who was mentioned who then, in my case, got transferred to a company called Ruberoid"

I'll do some research as well, going from memory I don't think they were part of Carillion but as OH often tells me my memory is a joke then best not take it as definite

ETA
Good news Twix
Tarmac plc are part of the CRH Group which is based in Dublin. Tarmac itself is still trading from their Solihull base and apart from supplying Carillion they have no other connections so your pension should be safe for now.

Can't find anything on Rubberoid as a seperate company.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >