View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Mine are fed in the same room, I place the dishes a distance apart but Arrow usually has his all over the room so ends up who knows where. I always supervise them, Jake is great though and would allow Arrow to push him off his dish (Arrow isn't allowed to obviously, and that is why I always supervise... because Arrow would push Jake off his dish!).
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Cosmo and Tango eat together, no
issues, they eat at similar speeds and they don't mind the other approaching their bowl.
Fosters are fed apart and bowls are removed as soon as they have all finished.
They are all fed twice a day.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I always supervise them, Jake is great though and would allow Arrow to push him off his dish (Arrow isn't allowed to obviously, and that is why I always supervise... because Arrow would push Jake off his dish!).
That's exactly why I have to supervise my two, as Gelert always defers to the boss bitch and she'd have no problem taking his dinner off him
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Normally Skye is separate as she is a slow eater and often walks away to come back again so she is left to eat hers at her speed. However since Flower has come Flower is in Skye's spot (other side of gate across the kitchen) and Skye is in with the others. Mine eat very close to one another without issues and go to each others dishes when finished just to make sure they are empty they don't take off each other/ fighting over food/chews. Their chews are in a box and they just go and help themselves if the want something to chew on....but tbh they often leave them there for an age.
The cats are fed outside (weather permitting) but the dogs will walk round them they know not to touch.........except Flower of course who I have to watch as she would grab the cats food
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 10:36 PM
If I am there to supervise they are fed together in the same room, if I can't supervise then mav is fed in a crate as he is a slow eater and sadie has taken in recent months to attempting to steal his food.
MaggieH
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2012, 04:43 AM
I always feed separately. Both big dogs are great about not eating out of a bowl that isn't "theirs". Food-a-holic dachshund has to be watched!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 07:29 AM
All 8 of mine in the same room supervised, they all know not to touch someone else's bowl.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm lucky that my 2 don't care! I feed in the living room, sometimes unsupervised...depends what i'm doing.
They have a bowl each, right next to each other.
cravencraven
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Mine choose to eat their raw separately,Craven usually goes into the garden if dry or he will take it up to my bedroom (on a mat) if wet.
Flint prefers his in the living room on a mat.

But wet/dry food they have together.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 09:45 AM
It's been really interesting reading the different routines - thanks everyone.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >