Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
claims form has been posted MM
Thanks Inca very much appreciated, I will ring them later and request a few so if you ever need one I can return the favour.

Thankyou everyone for your support it means a lot at the moment.

Suzanne symptoms can vary as auto immune disease can manifest itself in many ways.
With my last two dogs they had ulceration in the mouth and throat which slowly spread further and further down inside them, sometimes they swelled almost blocking the air way. They were lethargic and done a lot of choking and excessive reverse sneezing which sometimes lead to collapse as they couldn't get thier breath. Eating was also very difficult.
With Milo his gums eyes inside ears and rest of his skin is deathly white, he is a little quieter but being a JRT he doesn't like to give in to tiredness like another breed may do. His breath stinks and he is intent on eating dirt and mud as though addicted.
Unfortunatly there is no cure but sometimes you can get them into remission.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Hope everything works out ok. thinking of you here
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Postie has just delivered claim form. Thanks Inca
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 12:01 PM
my friends IWH bitch became ill with AID which they linked to her booster injection, just out of curiosity, has milo had his booster within the last 6/8 weeks, the IWH bitch began to have nose bleeds and it was months of going into the dick for treatment, there is a lot more to it, but she after thousands of pounds worth of treatment is thankfuly in remission, lucky she also was insured, hope this is not the case for you, will keep my fingers crossed for you, shona x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Milo is titre tested to see if he actually needs any boosters, because his lepto come back showing no cover I stupidly let him have just that one. Wish I never had now
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Milo is titre tested to see if he actually needs any boosters, because his lepto come back showing no cover I stupidly let him have just that one. Wish I never had now

sorry for my stupidity, what is titre tested? also was he given the lepto recently?
x shona x
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
sorry for my stupidity, what is titre tested? also was he given the lepto recently?
x shona x
from a site:
Titre testing is a method of assessing whether or not a dog has immunity to certain diseases by measuring the antibodies in the blood by means of a blood test. Then owners can decide whether or not to vaccinate depending on degree of existing immunity without the risk of over-vaccination.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Any news on Milo?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Just got off the phone from the vet and its not good news Milo has raised eosinophils in his blood, which basically means he has what I lost my last two dogs to, auto immune disease.
We are going to give him a 2 week course of antibiotics as slight infection is also showing up, vet is not hopeful it will make much difference but worth a try. Neither of us are keen to go down the steroids route, but vet is going to get notes from my previous vet on my last two dogs and do some research himself, but he said so far he hasn't come up with any more than I have told him on it.
He is going to research new treatments for it also.
He said once he has finished his antibiotics he will do another blood test and send it off and see whether it is the same, improved or worse.
I was very pleased though that he is in total agreement with me about vaccination and this disease and said he is to have no more vaccinations especially the lepto one.
I am just praying my other dog Shady is ok and he said we should blood test her at some point too, to check.
I really am gutted and very emotional right now, what the hell is going on. Its got to be vaccination or my soil, I deep down think its vaccination as a side effect of this disease can be, obsession with eating dirt.
If it is vaccination then I feel it is almost certainly the Lepto one as thats the only booster Milo has recieved. I tell you I will never ever again have a lepto jab done on any dog I have.
Poor Milo this is so unfair for him, he is so sweet and just doesn't deserve this at all.
One thing I am sure of though is that I will never let my little lad suffer like my other two did as soon as he starts going down hill and showing signs of being unhappy I will call it a day for him.
I can't stop crying, I love my boy and just want him to have what he deserves a long happy healthy life. :smt089 :smt089 :smt089
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Poor lad sending healing thoughts for him

Have you considered the natural route of using echinacea ? It is a native american remedy to boost the immune system
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >