Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 03:13 PM

Moving House!!

Hi all ,its been a while since i was on dog web ,and i've really missed it as some of you may have read we're actully moving house ,when we decided to do it we had no idea of the amount of work involved ,and the amount of things you store away "just in case"so my advice to anyone thinking of moving ...............DON'T.........unless its absolutly nesserary,just to give you an update and to get my doggy fix, i thought i'd spoil myself and come on for a while today ,as we actully move next saturday ,i carnt wait to get some sort of normality back
Enough of all that i hope everyones been keeping well,and all your doggy friends likewise,gemma is fit and well and as we've been promising ourselves for ages to get her a sister, we've decided that once we're settled we'll visit our local rescue centre,and i'll keep you all posted of progress.
As this might be my last post before christmas i would like to wish you all a very happy christmas and a very happy new year ,and i look forward to chatting my way thru the coming years with you all .
Sorry this is such a long post,i had'nt realised just how much i'd missed dogsey all for now olly
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 05:30 PM
I have moved house 19 times so far, and it never gets any easier! I am moving again in January so I have started to have a clear out already. The other aspect that creeps up on you is cleaning - I like the place to be spotless (no pun intended!) for the new owners so once furniture is shifted, I find I have loads to do as I haven't hoovered behind furniture for months (ok I'll come clean, never) and as you say there is loads of stuff you forget you have - just look in the loft
However, I am sure you will find that it has been worthwhile once you are settled in your new home.
Gemma will no doubt keep you sane in the meantime!
Good luck and bring us up to date once you are settled.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 11:37 PM
I hope the house move runs smoothly for you I moved here nearly 2 years ago.....Never again am i moving house
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 12:09 AM
I hope everything goes well for you Olly

Being an army wife, I've had my fare share of moving house, and I don't envy you It's amazing how much junk you accumulate over the years
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Good luck with the move. I last moved in 1976 during that very hot summer, and I said then "never again" - I meant it too.....mind you, if I had a nice lottery win I might be tempted to change my mind.....