Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I don't think I will have much time for frivolity in the near future. Boss has taken on another monkey to work and let him loose on the data/website/Amazon.

He found a wonderful way to upload thousands of products in one go (I TOLD HIM their Sage Data is not 'clean') and now every one of them needs attention. When suppliers send through product lists they use odd titles and I reword them to be buyer friendly so they don't look like equations.

We sell a lot of memorial and tribute stuff for funeral use. A typical example would be

Black Open Book Memorial Pick - Special Wife.

But Matt has now managed to list loads of them with titles like this

Apac Memorial Book Pick - BLACK DAD
Apac Memorial Book Pick - WHITE WIFE
Apac Memorial Book Pick - BLACK GRANDFATHER

I bluddy give up sometimes!

He's also priced them at what we pay suppliers for them! For instance he has all these on at 1.40 each with FREE postage lol! It will cost far more than that just to post them.

I've just sent a very long moaning email to him and my boss.

I sent this Matt Martin's magic XL formula to add the various postages to the prices to arrive at an inclusive FREE postage price but he can't use that coz he 'formulates his data differently'.

So he has taken about 20 minutes to upload a dirty flat file. And had the cheek to then email me asking me if I can 'just tidy them up a bit'. And it gets better - at least a quarter of them are ALREADY on there so we now are in competition with ourselves lol! Original one of the example I gave is about 12 quid and we now have a better deal on the same item for just 1.40!

I am off to bang my head on a wall before hitting the sack with my dawg.
Tang, what a nightmare one thing I learned (towards the end of my 9 to 5 slavery) is that it doen't matter how big or small the company, there will always be some whizz kid 'new boy' who thinks they can do it better.

And one of my constant moans these days is that such people have never had to do the job pre-computer so they don't really know what is the fundamental 'process' and they just think the computer will sort it out....WRONG someone somewhere needs to understand what happens when an order comes in, how it would be dealt with pre-computers, then and only then, can the system be computerised.

Anyway, my work now involves only me, I am the boss, the worker, and the tea boy all rolled into one

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and fear not, that monkey will wait 'till Monday
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 14 15 16 17