Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Never managed to be first to reply before
All quiet here. Wee dog enjoyed seeing the magpies off!
Not sure now how many feral cats I am feeding at the back. last night I went down late to put out a chicken carcase and there is was GONE off the dish.... put out some more scraps and they vanished.. then a stale bread roll and that went too. News has maybe gone round! That's OK.. hunger is appalling
I used to feed seagulls in Newlyn - they'd tap on the metal frame of my loft bedroom dormer window! I only did it 'round the back' where the neighbours couldn't see - they think they should be shot, not fed!

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,
After a very succesful greyhound walk yesterday Lily and I are still shattered. The figures in for the total greyhounds walking yesterday morning are 2602 so far with still 2 or 3 walks to submit their totals.
Oh well back to work today. I have the elderly lady to do all this week in the mornings and then normal work this afternoon and evening, although it won't be normal covering for the poor lad with the broken ankle.
Hope you all have a good day whatever your plans and Happy Birthday June.
Lots of greyhounds turned out then! Reading about your work schedule makes me feel tired.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Norma. Sorry being dense pot bashing ????

Weather iffy here too and you're right the monotony of housework and washing never stops.

I like my walks blows away the cob webs not sure I come back ready to deal with the everyday cleaning though.
I too find nothing blows away the cobwebs and mind fog like a good walk. I DEFINITELY don't feel like doing chores afterwards tho! More likely to feel like a nice walk AFTER doing horrid chores!

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Lynn
Kitchen porter glorified dish washer must have Mug printer on my forehead
Ahh - I too was going to ask. Well at least you won't have to 'apply your mind' too much to doing that!

I got in a muddle with the 'quote' stuff. Add me to the aches and pains people today. I've overdone the pool exercise and have a very sore left shoulder now. Still being wary of taking NSAIDs, I've rubbed some Brufen Gel on it. Then, after eating just a bowl of cornflakes and branflakes with milk and sugar after our trip to the lake - I suddenly got an upset stomach? I had planned to go to the beach - but no way if I'm not sure it's going to be OK. Have postponed going down to the pool too - don't want to be dashing back up here and disturbing Bella - I will see how it goes before doing that. I guess a trip to a food shop wouldn't kill me (but will bore me!)

Still haven't put my pics from yesterday on here and took more today. We got to the lake early. I've taken pics of the info board explaining the ecology of the lake for you all! I'm boring like that!

Bella was on good form this morning. We headed west to have more shade from shrubbery. When we got back to the parking area and slope down to beach she decided to continue on Eastwards! As she was so sprightly and didn't run straight to the car I doubled back again on the top path to get to the notice board. The little menace then leaps off the wall back down onto the beach to 'do her own thing' lol! So, we got back to the car with her 'down below' and me 'up above' - she did glance round every now and then to make sure I was still with her!

Cool shower for her, frozen chicken wing and she has been so zonked out since that she didn't even emerge to KILL the watering can - she usually appears as soon as she hears me filling it. Shouldn't water in hot sun but no option today - caked hard and dry it is so hot and I forgot to do them late last night.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I used to feed seagulls in Newlyn - they'd tap on the metal frame of my loft bedroom dormer window! I only did it 'round the back' where the neighbours couldn't see - they think they should be shot, not fed!
No, not shot but certainly not encouraged
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Ah Mrs Pat, you were sorely missed last night, would have had a laugh( the place was wired!!) all the lunatics were out, usual suspects of course, and a few surprises!!!Hopefully it wasn't just the effects of the moon, I think there may have been alcohol involved( but we' ll keep that to ourselves) Really missed your input
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
No, not shot but certainly not encouraged
I lived among the fishermen and their families. I can assure you that they not only thought they should be shot, some of them DID shoot them (even tho it is illegal) they referred to them as Shite Hawks.

I agree they shouldn't be encouraged on the prom or round the tourist spots. But it was humans leaving all their litter around (and bins not being emptied frequently) that's the cause of them eating rubbish now.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 08:33 AM

I have just read through this thread [what there is of it so far] and cannot remember who has posted or what has been said. I am far too old to have stayed up until past 1am yesterday.

Then as soon as my neighbour saw that I had surfaced in she trotted with my mail plus the lecci bill and the numbers on my meter, which is a sub meter of hers - so just one bill and I have to work out how much of the total bill is mine. We changed things a few months ago so the bill is now in my name because I am entitled to a reduction due to being registered as 85% physically disabled and 100% medically disabled - and I could not get it as my meter is a sub meter and the bill was in her name. Well, she is my landlady! Anyhow, the bill is now in my name so I finally get the discount but have to work out how many units I have used, multiplied by the price per unit, minus the amount marked as disability discount on the bill. And then give her a cheque for what I have to pay and she then pays the bill.

As she is a wee bit t'ick I have to do it using the calculator on the computer so she can see exactly what the figures are - and believe me I was ready to go back to bed after that, as she repeats the numbers as I enter them and it usually takes a couple of attempts before she fully understands what part of the total bill is mine and what part is hers.

However, once she had gone, clutching the cheque [and my hole-in-he-wall card as she is going to the shopping centre so will draw some cash for me] I did remember to put up both the regular Monday Steam Mop reminder and the Bonus Day one [hope you all like my efforts to get more of the newbies to come and join us] and had a quick ketchup on freds.

I am now going to make my first coffee of the day and it is 11.30am already!

Back later when my brain has recovered and will read through properly - hope all is well with everyone and that the sun shines on you today.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Popping back to add that I won't get 'bored at the shops' coz it's another adjectival Public Holiday here! Gawd!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Popping back to add that I won't get 'bored at the shops' coz it's another adjectival Public Holiday here! Gawd!
Enjoy, and take care with that shoulder and upset tum
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Morning all. I've read all the posts but have forgotten whose done what.
Good turnout for your walk Bev. Well done everyone who made the effort.
Don't forget the rubber gloves Norma. You don't want dishwashing hands
My leg is much more bearable today. I think I drugged it into submission yesterday. Had a good nights sleep as well. It feels like a dull pain today instead of a red hot poker down my leg. I'm the type who keeps. well away from the docs unless something is broken. I just think it'll get better eventually - which it usually does.
It's dull & windy here as well today. Loads of twigs & small branches scattered round the park after the wind last night.
Have a good day & hope anybody else who was suffering over the weekend are feeling better today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Dull here but thank goodness that wind has died down. Lynn I hope your day goes smoothly to start the week off and you enjoy your Dillon walk.

Bev those photos were fab from yesterday I'm sorry you've got yet another manic week ahead .... how do you cope (((hugs)))

To everyone else, I hope today sees any poorly people or dogs feeling better and you all have a good day. I'm off to walk the dogs and then go on to visit my Mum. Back around lunchtime.
Morning jenny hope the walk went well.
Safe journey to see your mum hope you find her well.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Happy Monday all.
Rosebud quite an achievement being first isn't it? I felt quite pleased with myself when I did it
Bev glad the walk went well, I shall look forward to seeing the final totals
Norma me, me, you missed me!!!! tis hard work mentioning everyone isn't it! I think we must be sisters because I'm sure that I have MUG on my forehead too!
Hi Jenny, nice and sunny here but with a really chiily easterly wind.

So today I shall mostly be washing and ironing See you all from time to time.
Morning Jenny at least yo have sun we have the chilly wind and no sun. Its like blooming Autumn.
Make that triplets I too have mug on my forehead I think.

Lots of greyhounds turned out then! Reading about your work schedule makes me feel tired.

I too find nothing blows away the cobwebs and mind fog like a good walk. I DEFINITELY don't feel like doing chores afterwards tho! More likely to feel like a nice walk AFTER doing horrid chores!

Ahh - I too was going to ask. Well at least you won't have to 'apply your mind' too much to doing that!

I got in a muddle with the 'quote' stuff. Add me to the aches and pains people today. I've overdone the pool exercise and have a very sore left shoulder now. Still being wary of taking NSAIDs, I've rubbed some Brufen Gel on it. Then, after eating just a bowl of cornflakes and branflakes with milk and sugar after our trip to the lake - I suddenly got an upset stomach? I had planned to go to the beach - but no way if I'm not sure it's going to be OK. Have postponed going down to the pool too - don't want to be dashing back up here and disturbing Bella - I will see how it goes before doing that. I guess a trip to a food shop wouldn't kill me (but will bore me!)

Still haven't put my pics from yesterday on here and took more today. We got to the lake early. I've taken pics of the info board explaining the ecology of the lake for you all! I'm boring like that!

Bella was on good form this morning. We headed west to have more shade from shrubbery. When we got back to the parking area and slope down to beach she decided to continue on Eastwards! As she was so sprightly and didn't run straight to the car I doubled back again on the top path to get to the notice board. The little menace then leaps off the wall back down onto the beach to 'do her own thing' lol! So, we got back to the car with her 'down below' and me 'up above' - she did glance round every now and then to make sure I was still with her!

Cool shower for her, frozen chicken wing and she has been so zonked out since that she didn't even emerge to KILL the watering can - she usually appears as soon as she hears me filling it. Shouldn't water in hot sun but no option today - caked hard and dry it is so hot and I forgot to do them late last night.
Morning Pat sorry to hear about the shoulder and tum hope they both settle down soon.
So the shops are shut again then ? Have you any food left in your fridge or cupboards. ?
The watering in the sun will kill or cure.

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Ah Mrs Pat, you were sorely missed last night, would have had a laugh( the place was wired!!) all the lunatics were out, usual suspects of course, and a few surprises!!!Hopefully it wasn't just the effects of the moon, I think there may have been alcohol involved( but we' ll keep that to ourselves) Really missed your input
Morning Eileen nice to see on the morning thread.
Alcohol who said alcohol.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

I have just read through this thread [what there is of it so far] and cannot remember who has posted or what has been said. I am far too old to have stayed up until past 1am yesterday.

Then as soon as my neighbour saw that I had surfaced in she trotted with my mail plus the lecci bill and the numbers on my meter, which is a sub meter of hers - so just one bill and I have to work out how much of the total bill is mine. We changed things a few months ago so the bill is now in my name because I am entitled to a reduction due to being registered as 85% physically disabled and 100% medically disabled - and I could not get it as my meter is a sub meter and the bill was in her name. Well, she is my landlady! Anyhow, the bill is now in my name so I finally get the discount but have to work out how many units I have used, multiplied by the price per unit, minus the amount marked as disability discount on the bill. And then give her a cheque for what I have to pay and she then pays the bill.

As she is a wee bit t'ick I have to do it using the calculator on the computer so she can see exactly what the figures are - and believe me I was ready to go back to bed after that, as she repeats the numbers as I enter them and it usually takes a couple of attempts before she fully understands what part of the total bill is mine and what part is hers.

However, once she had gone, clutching the cheque [and my hole-in-he-wall card as she is going to the shopping centre so will draw some cash for me] I did remember to put up both the regular Monday Steam Mop reminder and the Bonus Day one [hope you all like my efforts to get more of the newbies to come and join us] and had a quick ketchup on freds.

I am now going to make my first coffee of the day and it is 11.30am already!

Back later when my brain has recovered and will read through properly - hope all is well with everyone and that the sun shines on you today.
Morning Malka well I am confused well and truly now over all those numbers. I am no mathematician and certainly couldn't of dealt with that first thing in the morning and without even my first cuppa.
Early to bed for you young lady tonight and a nanny nap in between.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone. Bit later than usual but then I decided to hang the washing out first. I hope it doesn't rain. because only some of it is under the gazebo and a lot more outside.

Bev, that was a tremendous turnout of the greyhounds yesterday, Well done to you all.

I read back last night's contributions on yesterdays thread and it sounded as though the moon had got to some of you but you certainly had a laugh!

Well have a good day everyone. I feel like going back to bed I am so tired. Better not Steve is coming home from his fishing around lunchtime. Said he caught some eels this morning. Yuk. Catch up with you later on.
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »