Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Interesting walk for us today!

I took Cooper and Darcey to our local walking place today, it's got a field and woodland and is usually very quiet and we don't see anyone else apart from the odd horse rider.

We were walking along Darcey slightly in front of me and Cooper slightly behind me sniffing something, then suddenly 2 huge deer ran across in front of us I've been walking and riding my horses in there for years and not seen any deer before.

I was a bit shocked to start with, then saw Darcey near the edge of the path looking like she was thinking about going after them so I told her to leave and bless her little heart she froze, and then recalled away

We carried on walking around and then met a man with 2 black labs, one was a pup and the other older. Darcey hasn't met dogs off lead yet and seemed a bit worried when she did. She had a bark to start with and then ran to me, and Cooper went up to greet them and Darcey followed, they had a bit of a play (although the man tapped Cooper on the shoulder with his stick when he was making his growly play noises which I wasn't overly happy with), I recalled them away and carried on my walk.

Both spots are now fast asleep, it's bliss
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Aw bless. I've seen several deer over the last week in my usual walking spot, very unusual to see so many. My puppy didn't even notice them, some sighthound she is
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
Aw bless. I've seen several deer over the last week in my usual walking spot, very unusual to see so many. My puppy didn't even notice them, some sighthound she is

And my min pin is supposed to be a 'ratter' and we've got a storage room on the ground floor here that is infested with rats and awaiting pest control. It is deep in rat poo, they've shredded everything in there, stinks to high heaven and ...
when I walk her past it - right past it - she doesn't even look in the direction of the door!

Some ratter!