View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Kids faces will light up at christmas, when they spot the presents, magic has nothing to do with it. Imo, thats more to do with the mind set/emotions of adults then kids.

I'm all for imagination and encouraging such, but not lying for what? so you can get that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

I knew I'd get the you don't have kids line off someone eventually, clearly remembering being a kid isn't good enough, nor apparently is having to use your imagination on a dayly basis, but thats not my problem if you think my opinion is invalid, as I don't care, I knew it would be unpopular to begin with.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Kids faces will light up at christmas, when they spot the presents, magic has nothing to do with it. Imo, thats more to do with the mind set/emotions of adults then kids.

I'm all for imagination and encouraging such, but not lying for what? so you can get that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

I knew I'd get the you don't have kids line off someone eventually, clearly remembering being a kid isn't good enough, nor apparently is having to use your imagination on a dayly basis, but thats not my problem if you think my opinion is invalid, as I don't care, I knew it would be unpopular to begin with.
If it was just about the presents then why is my boys favourite time of the year Christmas Eve, they love the whole magic of it, watching Santa's progress on the Norad site, leaving cookies and milk out for Santa, hearing the reindeers sleighbells before they get up, seeing Santas footprints at the fireplace etc.

Life can be grim and my boys will find that out soon enough, if I can supply excitement, fun, anticipation and deliver the real message of Christmas to them I will.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Spoken like a true person with no kids, your whole outlook on life changes when you have kids and you can never argue this point until you have the experience of having a child.
Weel i dont have kids but i am sure when i do my opinion on this will not change.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 02:28 PM

Your opinion is not invalid at all. Everyone is different. I remember being young (yes, really!) and it wasn't just about the presents for me. It was more to do with the whole deal - the 'magic' of Christmas, the air of excitement, happiness and good will that seemed to be everywhere, family, hanging the decorations, Church, cheesy tv (I loved The Wizard of Oz!) etc. - in other words, all of it really.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
HAHAAAA!!! CAD - that made my day I can actually imagine your boys staring out the windows looking for them - did they ever see one?
No dragons - but they did find Thomas the Tank Engine.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
If it was just about the presents then why is my boys favourite time of the year Christmas Eve, they love the whole magic of it, watching Santa's progress on the Norad site, leaving cookies and milk out for Santa, hearing the reindeers sleighbells before they get up, seeing Santas footprints at the fireplace etc.

Life can be grim and my boys will find that out soon enough, if I can supply excitement, fun, anticipation and deliver the real message of Christmas to them I will.
I expect its cos you encourage it, or because they aren't as observant as I was.

My brother used to designate me present finder, when my parents were watching tv or something in the livingroom, as I had stealth capabilities lol. In other words, I snook around, I found, I reported and never got caught.

Outsmart the adults, one of my favourite christmas/birthday games.

Seriously though, I thought christmas was about spending even more time with family that get on your nerves lol, watching crap tv from decades before I was even born, and giving in good will. Oh, and don't forget the board games.

I don't see where fairydust is required for that.

And as an atheist, it will never be about religion.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
Weel i dont have kids but i am sure when i do my opinion on this will not change.

Let's hope you never have any then.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2010, 05:47 PM

I understand everyone has an opinion but you will never know the magic of having a young child at Christmas time unless you have them.

Did you out of interest have grumpy parents at christmas?
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Your opinion is not invalid at all. Everyone is different. I remember being young (yes, really!) and it wasn't just about the presents for me. It was more to do with the whole deal - the 'magic' of Christmas, the air of excitement, happiness and good will that seemed to be everywhere, family, hanging the decorations, Church, cheesy tv (I loved The Wizard of Oz!) etc. - in other words, all of it really.
Ug, don't get me started on the church service, it was the one time of the year when my mother decided to impose her religious views on me. I never, ever wanted to go, but whilst I was still small enough to be dragged, I didn't have a choice.

No wonder I've got christmas issues lol.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Ug, don't get me started on the church service, it was the one time of the year when my mother decided to impose her religious views on me. I never, ever wanted to go, but whilst I was still small enough to be dragged, I didn't have a choice.

No wonder I've got christmas issues lol.
I was okay with Christmas but at Easter I just wanted to eat chocolate rather than go to Church!
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »