View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh Dougie....... surely there must be SOMEONE on your side? It beggars belief....... and I really feel for you....

x0x
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Nope, nobody on my side. Not here, anyway. There is an organisation called "Advocacy Orkney" - the woman who was supposed to be my "advocate" came in to the house* and told BOTH of us that if I were to go home "off my own bat", Mrs.S was to call the police. So much for "help".

Snorri

*This place, not my home
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Nope, nobody on my side. Not here, anyway. There is an organisation called "Advocacy Orkney" - the woman who was supposed to be my "advocate" came in to the house* and told BOTH of us that if I were to go home "off my own bat", Mrs.S was to call the police. So much for "help".
Snorri
*This place, not my home
Sorry Snorri I just don't get it, the only reason why a lawyer would say that is if there was some threat of violence against her, so if I've understood the situation correctly we have an adult able bodied woman facing a disabled man in a wheelchair unless you've got some V8 hot rod engine hidden under the seat of your wheelchair I can't see any reason for that statement at all.

What could the Police do You are in the house you've lived in for X years, with your legaly married wife (I assume you married somewhere in the UK) and while she may not like your comments about her TV viewing habits I am also assuming you haven't physically attacked her which as mentioned above would IMO be pretty difficult.

So like I said, what could the Police do

ETA:_
I am not a lawyer, I have no legal expertise, but I really don't think the 'ownership' of the house has much to do with anything, maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like there's any true justice going on here.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post

Snorri

*This place, not my home
what Bulls**** has she come out with, she must of come out with a load of lies. maybe u chased her around in your wheel chair and made bad comments to her.
i really hope this sorry situation has got so bad.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Ooops! I didn't make it clear - this "advocate" person isn't legally qualified - she's an amateur member of this group who profess to aid people in situations like this - interferers, if you prefer!

And, to keep all straight, I have NEVER offered Mrs.S any form of violence (much as I feel like it just now)

Snorri

E.T.A. Although I don't think Mrs.S has put out any stories about violence (most here would laugh her out of the room!), I think she has been indulging in a bit of character assassination in some quarters....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Well Snorri, just find out when she goes shopping and get back in there it occured to me last night that if the situation were reversed (i.e. you were the able bodied one and she was in a wheelchair) and you had just pushed her down the road and left the council to emergancy house her then it would likely be on all the nationwide TV news now !!!

I'm not trying to start a sexist debate here, it just seems that no one up there in the twilight zone wants to help you, and there should be somebody, what's £160 per hour man doing?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm so sad that this is still ongoing for you Snorri and that you aren't getting the support you need at all.

Is there any way you could get in touch with the Citizen's Advice Bureau? Do you have any other family members or trusted friends that can help?

It sounds like everything is in such turmoil for you. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for you.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well Snorri, just find out when she goes shopping and get back in there it occured to me last night that if the situation were reversed (i.e. you were the able bodied one and she was in a wheelchair) and you had just pushed her down the road and left the council to emergancy house her then it would likely be on all the nationwide TV news now !!!

I'm not trying to start a sexist debate here, it just seems that no one up there in the twilight zone wants to help you, and there should be somebody, what's £160 per hour man doing?
I have to say im with harvey on this one, I would get back in there, if shes so unhappy she can move out untill things are resolved.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post

Is there any way you could get in touch with the Citizen's Advice Bureau?

Hmmm, I went there first. They were useless.

Snorri
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 12:54 PM
What did you ask the CAB to do Snorri? (Don't tell me if you don't want to, I won't be offended ).

I work with terminally ill people (and disabled people) and the support they get is very good. Maybe I could find out what other support is available to you in your area through my work?

Sorry if I'm seeming like I'm sticking my nose in x
Page 27 of 37 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > Last »