View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=Pidge;1707069]Hmmm,I seem to remember a rather nasty post from you that earned you a rather bad reputation that was directed at me and completely un-called for. The tone in this one is heading that way again so I don't think it's me that has the problem.

If I remember correctly, I think Helena got more reputations points on that day than on any other. Hmmmm, seems to me that you always bring other posts that are totally irrelevant.

Anyway, I do agree with you on one point. This thread is about more important things than your issues so we should get back on topic now.

What 'issues' are these then? I thought Helena's post was quite to the point and she she posted with a good insight into the way these kinds of people's psyche works. I see once again you feel that when anyone posts an opinion you feel threatened...why is that?

I have no experience of child abuse but I do have experience of nursery life and like others find it hard to understand how this has happened.

How hard can it be? if your that way inclined, time and time again this has happened in the past. Social Services have said on numerous occasions and especially during little the Victoria Climbie scandal, that this would never happen again...but it does...time and time again...why? because human beings are clever and will always find a way around rules, security etc. As Helena so rightly stated people like this that are so intent on their evil ways will find a way. So you are, in my opinion being very naive, or just argumental because it was Helena that said this, If it had been someone else I wonder if you would have been so vehement.

I think I, because of my situation more than the average person, can argue on this debate as I have experience of having to hold people in trust. I have also worked in a nursery and lone workers do have children in their care unsupervised. You can't cage children into one area and expect them to be contented can you?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Jackbox with all due respect with current child protection training the toileting of children on a one to one basis should not happen. In our Sunday school group we are not allowed to do this, it is always two adults or the adult stands outside the door in full view of others.
That may be so, but is`nt that a sad fact of life we have to live with.

The point I was making was , in response to Pigde... saying she would "know " that something was wrong ...

Your explanation makes it even harder to understand how 1) it happened 2) anyone being suspicious of another... if as you say "you are not allowed to be left alone with a child"

Although children being children, there will always be opportunities for an adult being left alone with a child.... you cant walk round in two`s supervising one child between you.... every minute of the day

And as others have said... if you have a mind to do something like this.. you will find a way.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
That may be so, but is`nt that a sad fact of life we have to live with.

The point I was making was , in response to Pigde... saying she would "know " that something was wrong ...

Your explanation makes it even harder to understand how 1) it happened 2) anyone being suspicious of another... if as you say "you are not allowed to be left alone with a child"

Although children being children, there will always be opportunities for an adult being left alone with a child.... you cant walk round in two`s supervising one child between you.... every minute of the day

And as others have said... if you have a mind to do something like this.. you will find a way.
I guess it really does just boil down to plain, utter disbelief.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

How can it boil down to "plain, utter disbelief"? It's been going on for donkey's years!!!

What is 'boils down to', for want of a better expression is human's preying on the vulnerable and cases like this being brought to the fore, moreso now than throughout history, because of media, and newspaper reporting. This type of abuse has, sadly, always gone on it's just that we hear about it more now, so it seems like it is escalating, when in reality it has always gone on. Technology has just made it easier for these people to exploit the vulnerable.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:04 AM
I don't think in this day and age anything comes down to utter disbelief anymore....not possible, too many monsters out there for it not to be at the forefront of our minds!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
How can it boil down to "plain, utter disbelief"? It's been going on for donkey's years!!!

What is 'boils down to', for want of a better expression is human's preying on the vulnerable and cases like this being brought to the fore, moreso now than throughout history, because of media, and newspaper reporting. This type of abuse has, sadly, always gone on it's just that we hear about it more now, so it seems like it is escalating, when in reality it has always gone on. Technology has just made it easier for these people to exploit the vulnerable.
I think this is something we tend to forget.... child abuse has been going for for centuries... its just that we are now in a media and technology world.

Its not somethings that is a result of the 20/21 century.

The difference is that it is so easy to find today it is although still underground , easier for those who partake to have a much wider field for their perversions.

And again, its always those who we are meant to trust who shock us the most when they are ousted
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
No , not utter disbelief.. its down not being able to comprehend such evil things ..

i would have though Pidge, that having traveled the world as you have working in some of the most deprived countries (in your orphanage work) you would be the last one to hold such a view of disbelief.

I would have expected you to have seen what man in his worse is capable off
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I don't think in this day and age anything comes down to utter disbelief anymore....not possible, too many monsters out there for it not to be at the forefront of our minds!
Sadly it's always been going on, it's just that we hear about it more these days due to the media and current technology. I guess though without modern technology and advances in things such as DNA testing most these people would still be getting away with it.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Sadly it's always been going on, it's just that we hear about it more these days due to the media and current technology. I guess though without modern technology and advances in things such as DNA testing most these people would still be getting away with it.
Absolutely, I agree, we are lucky to live in a time where technology allows us to put these monsters behind bars. People like this woman need to realise the damage they've done. I am a little shocked that a woman with children of her own could even comprehend it. I just hope they don't let her off with some loop hole sob story about her sanity.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No , not utter disbelief.. its down not being able to comprehend such evil things ..

i would have though Pidge, that having traveled the world as you have working in some of the most deprived countries (in your orphanage work) you would be the last one to hold such a view of disbelief.

I would have expected you to have seen what man in his worse is capable off
JackBox, you're right but if I allowed myself to ''see'' everything I have seen I wouldn't be able to go on!! Some of the work I did in Saigon down by the rivers was enough to turn someone insane if they let it but you're no good to anyone out there is you focus in on it.

Abuse of any kind in my mind is disgusting, be it child, animal, verbal, physical, even on forums but unless I can do anything about it I consider it their problem, not mine.

All I can say is that I'm glad this monster has been caught and I hope she gets what she deserves.

ETA: Oh and you're right about comprhension over disbelief, much better way of putting it.
Page 6 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »