Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
26, brunette, 4x4, no bling!

I wouold love a PP with 'PAW' somewhere in it!
Doubt i'll ever be able to afford one though lol
I've searched all sorts of combinations and was pleasantly suprised that there are a few that would be ideal for doggy people. We've also found out that you can get the irish registrations..i.e. MAZ followed by 4 numbers, (which Clive would now like for his Mazda) at around £45 plus the registration.

I know it is a fair bit of money but nothing like the thousands that are spent on some of the plates I've seen.

I shall keep an eye out for the PAW ones from now on
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Now PAW would be great. As an alternative to the PO02DLE I could have PU(any number)DEL as pudel is the German for Poodle! So maybe I could have PU02DEL! Or AA02POO as in a Poo lol!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Now PAW would be great. As an alternative to the PO02DLE I could have PU(any number)DEL as pudel is the German for Poodle! So maybe I could have PU02DEL! Or AA02POO as in a Poo lol!
Becky
Brilliant I have wasted so much time just thinking up doggy combinations...I must get out more
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Private number plates are I guess down to 1 of 2 things, an air of self importance, or wanting to hide the real age of your car or a combination to make your 'older car' 'look' better.

But the real question should be is why is that? Maybe it's down to insecurity? Low self esteem? And is something that would make us feel better?

Would I get one? Only if I was super rich and I had already done extensive charity work and wouldn't miss the money. But even then only to make my Aston Martin look a tiny bit better

(Ps I don't own an Aston Martin (well apart from in my dreams!) I have an old banger, which is economical and runs well - and the money saved goes on organic/better quality food from M&S instead!)

Re Pidge's comment about mutton - it wasn't directed at anyone here so just chill. I took it as her referring to some old woman thinking she's 18 - you know, mutton dressed as lamb. But anyway, that's a topic for another thread perhaps!
Dont forget number 3........simply because you want one..

No self importance, no ego to stroke,

Why do would you need to do extensive charity work , fist before you got PP

People have a right to spend their hard earned cash on whatever they want, without having to feel they need to give it to a charity .

Do you go on expensive holidays, (or cheap ones)

Do you treat yourself to hair cuts/ new clothes/handbags/shoes... a round of golf, a nigh or week end away. a new puppy , a new camara!!

Do you need to do extensive charity work first to ease your conscience

If it makes you feel better to do so, than thats great,

But there goes the stereotyping again.. regards self importance...and is usually thrown around by those holding sour grapes; -)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Get your facts straight before you start calling people and see who started this in the first place.
I don't quite see why you are taking Esme's comments personally, Elaine - they weren't aimed specifically at you.....
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

11-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Private number plates are I guess down to 1 of 2 things, an air of self importance, or wanting to hide the real age of your car or a combination to make your 'older car' 'look' better.

But the real question should be is why is that? Maybe it's down to insecurity? Low self esteem? And is something that would make us feel better?

Are they?
I certainly don't have an air of self importance. I choose to spend my money how I see fit. Not so different from you.
As for making an older car look newer - wrong again, We put the same plate on each car we buy and generally we only buy new. So having the reverse effect really.
Don't suffer from insecurity or low self esteem either. If I want it and pay for it why should that upset anyone else, why is everyone so damn judgemental. Surely that says more about those doing the judging.

Agree, would they be as judgemental if you said I have just spent 800 on a puppy.. ofcause they would not.

Yet most PP `s cost around 150 to 500... (not going into the top bracket)

Azz, not sure if you posted what you did, through boredom and just wish to get a rise out of some members...or what
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

11-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey keeping the same number plate on every car also has the upside for us old dears, it makes it easy to remember.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Found a few PAW ones for £299...hmmmm when do I get paid next???

ANd more PAW ones for £154 if you have initials that are A, B, C, D!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Hey keeping the same number plate on every car also has the upside for us old dears, it makes it easy to remember.
OMG!! isn`t that the thruth.. at least I can remember m number plate.

When you change your car every 3yrs... for a new one it helps the old brain . not having to memorise the new plate.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post

Brilliant, love it as a blonde out of a bottle 50 year old.I used to have a 4 x 4 but now have a more sensible car, still miss my 4x4 though !
Page 17 of 35 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »