Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sibelover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-06-2007, 06:32 PM

Groomers Need Help

I set up a mobile grooming sevice about 5yrs ago and it has grown from strength to strength every year.
I got so busy that my husband joined me a year ago,
we have now got to a point where we need to employ another groomer and have deceided its time to open a parlor. the thing is we have always been mobile and have now idea how to design a parlour. we have rang all the main grooming suppliers for assistance but they haven't been great.
so who runs there own parlor? and how did you set up in the first place?
also is there anywhere that sells second hand and re furbished equipment? I think we are going to have about 10k to get a unit fit it out and stock it. will this be enough?
all information will be greatfully recived
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2007, 04:37 PM
What kind of equipment do you already have?Just make sure you invest in a good bath, a good table (electric if poss) as your main trimming table (a must if you groom large breeds) and a couple of smaller ones for drying/prepping dogs) and if you are taking another groomer on board I'd get a couple of high velocity dryers and stand dryers, HV dryers are expensive but will save you a LOT of time and washing of towels, I rarely have to use a towel nowadays. You will get good deals at large dog shows such as champ shows, shame you missed blackpool last week there were a lot of good stands there. Invest in good shampoo, kelco is great as you can dilute it a lot and it still works wonders (technogroom stock this) Simpsons of Langley do start up packages which may be useful for you, check it out on their website. Good luck in your new venture, I'll be happy to try to answer any more questions you may have Nicky x
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 12:12 AM
I got everything I needed looking through the ads in the dog press. I got clippers, blaster/dryer crates, scissors and an electric table for £1200. Good luck