Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:17 AM

Laptop Keeps Freezing

Can anyone help me please, my laptop keeps freezing, but only when I try to put a word in the google search space thing, Chris set it up so that I have the space thing always up on the top of the pages, hope that makes sense, when it freezes I have to switch my laptop of completly and start it again, I've run all my spyware stuff but it keeps happening, this happens 3 or 4 times a day, sometimes consecutively, I have my laptop on my lap and was wondering if it happens because it gets hot, but I havent noticed (yet) if it happens after it has been turned on for a while or when it is relatively cold, anyone have any theorys or sugestions. Thank you
Christine
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Is it wireless? I had this problem with Dave's when I was in the kitchen, but as soon as I came into the other room where the router was it was fine? Can you take it nearer the router and see if it does it then?

I'm no techie, so I can't really help, but this was what happened with mine

Do you have Ad-aware installed? That cleans it up brilliantly if you suspect spyware? It's free to download and you'd be amazed what it picks up, unlike my AOL spyware which is rubbish! If you're on AOL that could be the problem coz I've been having the desktop freezing up on me lately with AOL, so I think they might be having problems? Good luck!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks H, it's not wireless, so it can't be that, I use Webroot Spy Sweeper and I'm with Virgin Media, I don't know if it is a virus or anything like that it's just a thought, it may just be one of those things
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes, it's usually just "one of those things" with pc's isn't it!!!! I've got that going on with the printer at the moment