Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 07:38 AM

x box live

canI run the x box through a spare modem to get x box live ?? Its the speedtouch modem we got with wanadoo ? (I'm still with them ) does it matter if I have two modems connected ??
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2006, 09:23 AM
It's not going to work if you are already connected with another modem because your already logged in to your ISP and it properly won't let you login twice.

As long as your not using both modems at the same time then it will work.

If you got a modem/ router so you can have more than on pc/ xbox connected all at the sametime so no need for seperate modems.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Mmm

my set up is - main desk pc upstairs Millenium windows ( I know I know lol ) I have a wireless modem router attached to that by ethernet cable and my laptop ( XP )is downstairs on the wireless connection - the x-box wireless connection says Xp or later so if I got a wireless connector would it run from the lap top or the pc ?? which in theory it can't cos the systems too old

Hee hee sorted it !! got a toggly dongle thing for the main pc and wired the xbox to the router ..kids will be made up