View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:12 PM

You really would have to be blind not to see me!

Went shopping this morning and bought a really nice scarf I wanted to set off an outfit I am wearing to a Christening on Sunday. All the time the assistant was putting it in a bag and taking my money, she never once looked at me or spoke to me, but continued her conversation with another customer
Then I went into my local shop for some spuds and as I stood in the queue a chap walked up and just stood in front of me Despite me making a few comments he totally ignored me
Have I suddenly become invisable? or has all of Britain lost their manners?
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Britains lost its manners I'm afraid. So annoying isn't it. It used to be just the youngsters that didn't have manners in shops now it seems to have spread to all ages.

I must be getting old
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:29 PM
i hate that when it happens. but then i put on my loud grumpy voice on. and just accidentally hit them with my shopping trolly.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:30 PM
the latter i think! it's so rude of people.. when working in shops i'd either halt the conversation or include the customer if i could.. no wonder more and more people are using the internet for shopping..
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Teddysmum View Post
Britains lost its manners I'm afraid. So annoying isn't it. It used to be just the youngsters that didn't have manners in shops now it seems to have spread to all ages.

I must be getting old
You and me both

Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
i hate that when it happens. but then i put on my loud grumpy voice on. and just accidentally hit them with my shopping trolly.
Lol Trouble is I didn't have a trolley on either occasion

Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
the latter i think! it's so rude of people.. when working in shops i'd either halt the conversation or include the customer if i could.. no wonder more and more people are using the internet for shopping..
You are very right. Hassle free shopping on the net
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:59 PM
OMG How rude!!!!!
i wouldnt bother going back!!!

I had that oncec and i just tapped the guy on the shoulder and when he turned round i said " Oh so you can see me then! i mustnt be wearing my invisible cloak!"
he blushed and a told him it was rude to push in and he looked very shamed....

I think because people dont point it out they dont feel embarassed!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 07:08 PM
You already know my take on this, so I won't go into it again, I'd need 10 pages!! I don't think it's just the shopkeepers now though, there's a very strange breed of people out there at the moment, on the roads, on the pavements, in the shops, etc. etc. all very strange - or perhaps it's me????!!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You already know my take on this, so I won't go into it again, I'd need 10 pages!! I don't think it's just the shopkeepers now though, there's a very strange breed of people out there at the moment, on the roads, on the pavements, in the shops, etc. etc. all very strange - or perhaps it's me????!!!
no hun not just you! i see them in my shop everyday! they are sooooooo bizarre!!!!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 07:17 PM
This could have been my post! I often think I am invisible in town, I am not skinny at all, the opposite yet the number of folk who bump into me and never apologise, gets me down, I have learned now to stick out my foot!!!!! I watched a programme on CBeebies the other day with Toby who is 3 and was very impressed, it was a bit twee but a good idea, they are teaching good manners at that age, so hope it takes off and they put us all to shame.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's all rush rush and everyone is just out for themselves with no thought for anyone else.
Alexandra lol, I would have loved to have seen his face
Aaaw Helena go on tell us, tell us, we enjoy a good story. No I jest, I know you get as cross as me
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >