Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 05:58 PM

Takara's Training 01/03/08

1 Training session (so far) two trials.

Trial #1: My mum and her friend were in the lounge and Takara's mat is placed next to the lounge door so she was keen to get in there.
She moved from her mat when I knocked on the kitchen door - well within view, wasn't expecting that but she straight away went back to her mat and laid down. She then stayed there while I opened the kitchen door and pretended to converse with an imaginary friend... (as you do).
She was rewarded with access to the lounge to see mum and her friend (whom she adores).

Trial #2: Stayed on her mat while mum and her friend walked out of the lounge and past her to the kitchen, I knocked on the kitchen door (quietly!) in view and then opened the door and said 'hello' to my new imaginary friend, she remained calm and uninterested. She can't see out of the door, as the porch goes off to the left and cuts off her line of view.
Rewarded with a game of tuggy and she's now asleep on her bed!

Observations:
Definitely calming down in general, has been laid on a vet bed by my feet in the kitchen (flagstone flooring!) today and also took herself off to sleep in the lounge.

If she's playing up, seeking attention one short training session on the mat is enough to settle her down.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 08:42 PM
excellent, she is doing so well. does your imaginary friend have a name? xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 09:17 PM
hmm... no not yet... any ideas? lol

Thanks, she is doing really well - very pleased with her!