View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Yes, stick with us on here, we're not like that!!! Don't go back in there, it's too upsetting, it's not worth it, there's plenty of other sites with nice people on them, but none as good as Dogsey

I find people who are bullies on a puter, wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life, that's how they get their kicks, they're the ones being somebody they're not, not YOU, so you just stay as you are and enjoy the more amicable types like you find on here.

Now go and give Pereg a hug and forget all about those nasty bullies, they really aren't worth even thinking about. Pity the other site doesn't have the "ignore" button like here, coz that works wonders on people like them! For me anyways!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I dont understand the problem regarding where you live? Or am I just being naive?

Dont go back on the site, thats what i'd do if the people on it upset me that much. I've found that the ones who shout the loudest over cyberspace or usually the ones who wouldnt dare say it to your face.
Israel is a big big issue to some...
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2011, 08:15 PM
i dont understand the post
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Unfortunately it seems to be a rather nasty fact of life that where there is a forum there are bullies and low lifes who seem to spend much of their time writing hurtful posts.

I imagine that many of us who have been on different forums have come across this at one time or another (I certainly have on Family History sites......and whilst it wasn't often directed against me, it was extremely upsetting to read), and really it boils down to whether you want to spend your time on the computer just writing emails and playing games, or interact with like minded people who on the whole just want to be pleasant and helpful. On any forum, after a while you learn who the unpleasant people are (I suppose we should feel sorry for them really, they must have miserable lives) and try to avoid them, but sadly they don't always avoid us and jump in on a discussion with perhaps just one line............one line that can make us want to turn the computer off and go to bed with a box of tissues.

I know that it's difficult, especially if one is caught on an "off" day - but try to remember that these people are winning if they upset others, and the best form of defence is to ignore them totally. Pretend their post is not there. There can be nothing more irritating than getting no response

I do realise that your bullying probably goes a little deeper than the normal cyber WUM activities, but the principle is the same.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Spend more time on Dogsey most of us on here are pretty nice!
Malka I have to say that in my opinion these 'general' chat forums are a nightmare, much better to log in to ones where there is a common interest, like Dogsey.

The internet can be a dangerous place, in addition to the cyber bullies and perverts I recently discovered that many governments pay people to post on these chat forums with the objective of getting a particular political view across to as many 'viewers' as possible.

But one thing is sure, if you are a true dog lover you must be on a higher intellectual level than some one who just thinks they are 'just a dog' God knows there are plenty of such humans on this planet.

Keep away from the general chat forums, make a list of all the things you are interested in and only log in to those sites.

ETA:-
If that site has an 'ignore' button then please use it - as mentioned by Bitkin the one thing these bullies can not stand is when they get no response and if you can't see what they have written you can't respond can you ?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Malka I have to say that in my opinion these 'general' chat forums are a nightmare, much better to log in to ones where there is a common interest, like Dogsey.

The internet can be a dangerous place, in addition to the cyber bullies and perverts I recently discovered that many governments pay people to post on these chat forums with the objective of getting a particular political view across to as many 'viewers' as possible.

But one thing is sure, if you are a true dog lover you must be on a higher intellectual level than some one who just thinks they are 'just a dog' God knows there are plenty of such humans on this planet.

Keep away from the general chat forums, make a list of all the things you are interested in and only log in to those sites.
Very good points, but it is an unfortunate fact that even on specific subject forums there are nasty people who get their kicks from upsetting people. IGNORE THEM, IGNORE THEM..............AND IF THAT FAILS, IGNORE THEM.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post

disagree. dogsey has had its share of bullying and obnoxious postings. people are still people - good and bad - regardless of dog ownership

that's redolant of the old chestnut of dog owners are always nicer people, which we know to be hokum

I'm intrigued to know if the OP has characterisied bullying as the obnoxious and prejudiced way they tell her how they feel about her nation's activities, or because they do tell her how they feel about her nation's activites?

For example, i have opinions whereby i think Israel is sometimes excessive and has partaken of war crimes.
But I would say so in a straightforward way without attacking or abusing the OP herself; if the topic came up, that is.

I would state my nation has been such a criminal in its history as well,

What forum is it, im curious?

Is your dog a desert dog? Do you have a photo?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 08:41 PM
If these people are being really hurtful and upsetting you, don't give them the time of day hold your head high babes, they are not worth it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Is your dog a desert dog? Do you have a photo?
No she is not. She was a tiny puppy that I rescued from the shelter in town.

image upload

Pereg was the one on the right.

post image wordpress

Pereg by my chair, showing off her new harness.

hosting images

Pereg as on my avatar

adult image hosting

Pereg on my mobility scooter last week.

image uploading

The first photo I took of my Little One, who was also a rescue pup and who died on 21 January last year.

hosting images

My [rented] bungalow, photo taken from across the road.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Very good points, but it is an unfortunate fact that even on specific subject forums there are nasty people who get their kicks from upsetting people. IGNORE THEM, IGNORE THEM..............AND IF THAT FAILS, IGNORE THEM.
Yes you are absolutely right, even here on Dogsey we have had a few trolls in years gone by, I expect you remember some of them as you so rightly said the one thing these people can't stand is to be ignored.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >