View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 09:07 PM
So sorry for your losses. I feel I can understand where you're coming from, I haven't had 2 losses, but I did have an ectopic and pretty much the day I got back to work after recovering from the surgery, my manager announces she's pregnant and is due when I would have been. I still can't talk to her, she's now blossoming and very obviously pregnant, several other women are pregnant at work too. I try to be happy for them, but it's really hard when you've lost.
I know I'm not exactly where you are, but hope it helps that there's other out there
I too am trying to lose weight and concentrate on what I can control and I'm hoping we'll both have what we want soon
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I had trouble falling for my second child and it seemed everyone on the planet was pregnant..........except me. The best way to get pregnant is to stop trying. Convince yourself it's not going to happen and get on with you life. Make some long term plans that don't involve kids................and you'll be pregant in no time. Good luck. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
You have to loose 3 before they will look into it. I have only lost 2 so they still class me as 'unlucky' rather then something wrong.
Good grief, that's just awful.....

Hugs, Rachel..... hope there's some good news in the not too distant future honey x0x0x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 06:55 AM
If its any consolation I had a friend who came off the pill and tried for a baby for four years with no success. In the end they gave up. She was very depressed and decided to radically change her lifestyle. She joined the gym to lose weight and joined slimming world, her dad then become very ill and she was completely wrapped up in worrying about him. During all this when she wasn't even thinking of babies she become pregnant, she felt it wasn't good timing with her dad so ill but she went on to have a lovely little girl who is now 3. 3 months later she fell pregnant again and now has 2 little girls.
It seems if you are trying it often doesn't happen as you upset the hormone balance in your body with all the stress of wanting a baby so much. This is probably why the young girls fall pregnant so easily the last thing on thier mind during that drunken sex with a lad is having a baby.
I really do feel for you though but perhaps give up wanting a baby, make plans and direct your life elsewhere then hey presto you can almost garruntee one will come along.
(((hugs))))
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I had friends who were childless for years and really wanted children. They used to come round and borrow mine and even that didn`t put them off.
In the end they started the process to adopt. She immediately fell pregnant. Apparently it`s quite common.
Good luck with your quest. Don`t let it get you down though. Maybe staying off FB for a bit might ease the stress?
My mum was childless for years, they conceived one and lost it, and then couldn't conceive, they were about to adopt a boy, sooo much work to adopt when she fell pregnant. She still wanted to adopt and was told no, but she had me....as soon as the pressure was off she conceived.

My step brother and his partner caught really quickly but had miscarriages all the time, literally a week before they were going to have tests done, she fell pregnant and they now have a little one, I'm sure its because the mental stress of worrying about the pregnancy so much as they knew they were having it looked at if it went wrong again helped.....

Perhaps a holiday, just the two of you?

One other thing, my wife (I'm not implying your situation is like hers at all so don't take offence lol ) didn't like her ex very much but really wanted children (hence her marriage to a man as she's older than me, other options weren't as readily available to gay couples as they are now) so they only tried to conceive when she was ovulating. After a year of trying (only in the ovulation window) did she find out she was ovulating at the wrong time of the month, her cycle was different to other women's..... just a thought....

Good luck, I hope it all happens for you soon xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2