Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 04:38 PM

really annoyed - vicious dog

Im really annoyed with this irresponsible owner near where I walk Flower. Was taking Flow and Willow (13 weeks old) for a walk last night near the river bank. Bearing in mind Willow has only just started walking, I am vary wary of other dogs, and would like her to meet larger dogs, so she can get used to them.

This little terrier (jack russel cross) Came running down the lane and attacked Flower, it has done this several times in the past before! luckily he let go and got pulled off Flower by the owner. he said 'is he being a problem?' I quickly replied 'yes he has just had a go at my dog, he is nasty' and he didnt reply! Luckily Willow wasnt in the way of the evil little thing, she is so very small, I would dread to think what it would have done to her, not only her health...but her nerves!!!

It would have probably killed a little dog like Willow, and I am tempted to report it as he is always loose, and I find this extremely dangerous!

What do you think?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Definitely! ... and this definitely rings a bell too??? Haven't you had a confrontation before with this little devil dog????!!! Glad little Willow is safe and none the worse for wear, and let's hope it didn't make any lasting of impression on her!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I know how you feel, although we don't have that worry. My sister-in-law has a JRT that is always let off and always attacks/lunges/grabs my boys face and tries tearing pieces out of him. Luckily (for him) my boy won't retaliate and he just shakes him off flying.

We have tried telling her that he shouldn't be let off, but her excuse is that he doesn't do it to all dogs, therefore, wait and see !!!!!! Eeeeejit !!!

But it can be terrifying for a small dog I agree. You could maybe call your local dog warden and ask their advice. If the people frequent that place with their dog, maybe the warden might too !! I know we;ve had incidences before and our warden has been ok about helping out.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Definitely! ... and this definitely rings a bell too??? Haven't you had a confrontation before with this little devil dog????!!! Glad little Willow is safe and none the worse for wear, and let's hope it didn't make any lasting of impression on her!
It is actually a different dog! Luckily we havent encountered the other nasty dog since!! It is a lane leading to the riverbank...it is a public path, and they live in a house on the path. But whenever they are out walking with him he is never been on a lead...he doesnt even have a collar on when they are walking, so nothing to grab hold of when he attacks....
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 04:52 PM
I am just worried if he was ever to get hold of Willow he really would cause damage, she is so very small, she doesnt look big enough to be out walking... xxx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 04:53 PM
You could always use your boot..........I've used mine several times !!!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 05:29 PM
I would have a chat with your local dog warden. If they are sensible they will go and have an "educational" chat with the owners, at the very least you will be logging an issue with the dog in case it escalates in future.

I always carry a good stick when out walking with my dogs
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:17 PM
carrying a stick is a very good idea! Although I may struggle to hold one with 2 to walk!!hehe!! it will be the boot next time though.....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:28 PM
And make sure you wear a thick pair of shoes!!!! He'll sink his teeth in your foot, I've been there up at the stables with one of these!!!
WendyP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I think you should report the incident
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >