Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Scooter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:01 AM

I'm clinging on...

to the last threads of my dignity!

Well, we went obedience training last night and went early to meet up with some friends and their dogs to go for a walk accross the fields. Outside we also bumped into my Manager (who I encouraged to go along to the puppy class that is run by our club)

We were all standing about outside having a nice civilised chat and ooing and ahhing over how much Sam (his puppy) is growing up when all hell broke loose...

Forrest went one way, Dynamite (Labrador) went another, Sam dived in between. Guess who was in the middle trussed up in leads looking like a Maypole? Me I took one tiny step and came crashing down like a right numpty. I uttered 2 words (neither of which repeatable on a forum!) and hit the deck.

My knee is all cut and bruising up rather nicely (hurts like heck today!) but my dignity is in tatters!

I work in a very traditional environment which is very academic and I try to maintain a reasonable air of professionalism - well, that's put pay to that.

My advice to others - move out of the way quickly! Note to self - be less of a numpty!

Well, I'll hobble off and carry on working until my Manager consigns me to some far flung region on the organisation in disgust!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:06 AM
lol! Been there done that, I just laugh and carry on, all part of being a dog owner|!
Becky
Scooter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Yes, we couldn't stop laughing for the entire walk - my belly was aching by the time we got back for the training!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I was on one walk when I tried to step over some mud, missed and slipped ending up doing the splits so far but was then stuck, my friends were killing themselves laughing and i couldn't move I had to fall forward so I could move my legs lol!
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Sorry, just had to laugh at the maypole vision.

I do know how you feel....mind you there's no way I would have asked my manager to come along because I know it would only be a matter of time (and probably only seconds) before I did something completely and utterly embarrassing.

The only way I can protect my professional image at work is to make sure that no-one sees what I'm really like
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
The only way I can protect my professional image at work is to make sure that no-one sees what I'm really like
Yup, me too!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 10:23 AM
You have all had me in stitches Becky's has to be the funniest by far though.I'm sure your boss will see the hilarious side to it all and see you in a lighter frame of mind,bet you could have died,
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2007, 10:29 AM
When I was very pregnant I took my lovely boy out for a walk, slipped in a big muddy puddle and whilst lying there like a stranded whale two lads tried to help me up-said lovely boy then decided that they were hurting me and decided to run at them full pelt to see them off-Big black scary lab with jaws wide open!!
They ended up filthy as well, I was even more mortified than I had been already and to top it off had to walk home covered in muck with trousers falling down due to how wet they were.

Dignified I don't think so
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 10:55 AM
If it makes you feel any better, Diesel wrapped me around a lampost on our walk today, which typically just happened to be in front of a packed bus stop

I think i made everyones day
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
to the last threads of my dignity!

Well, we went obedience training last night and went early to meet up with some friends and their dogs to go for a walk accross the fields. Outside we also bumped into my Manager (who I encouraged to go along to the puppy class that is run by our club)

We were all standing about outside having a nice civilised chat and ooing and ahhing over how much Sam (his puppy) is growing up when all hell broke loose...

Forrest went one way, Dynamite (Labrador) went another, Sam dived in between. Guess who was in the middle trussed up in leads looking like a Maypole? Me I took one tiny step and came crashing down like a right numpty. I uttered 2 words (neither of which repeatable on a forum!) and hit the deck.

My knee is all cut and bruising up rather nicely (hurts like heck today!) but my dignity is in tatters!

I work in a very traditional environment which is very academic and I try to maintain a reasonable air of professionalism - well, that's put pay to that.

My advice to others - move out of the way quickly! Note to self - be less of a numpty!

Well, I'll hobble off and carry on working until my Manager consigns me to some far flung region on the organisation in disgust!!!
going to have to say sorry as pmsl at the mental images going through my head. hope knee gets better soon

sue

(ps next time can you video it???)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >