Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
debsalive
New Member!
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post
I wouldn't worry about the coat issue but I do think you should think of some other things...

What is it that you are hoping to achieve by introducing working line dogs into the mix?

What do you know about the stud dog, is he health tested...titled?

Are your dogs health tested...titled in anything?

There are some people who mix show and working but generally breeders should know the lines and what they are hoping each dog will bring to the table. Otherwise it might not turn out well....
thank you and yes health tested do obedience and agility
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Why has the members name been replaced by thread starter ..
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Posts can't be quoted either
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Can I just pick up on a point made earlier, and that is you need to think very carefully about how you are going to find the right sort of homes for your pups, it's unusual for you to end up with just the exact right pup for you to keep, even if you did end up with a singleton, it might not suit what you want to go forwards.

It's not difficult to get enquiries, it's much more difficult to get enquiries from the type of homes you really want pups to end up in. I'm lucky in that two puppy owners are going to have a dabble in showing and training pups (Labradors), another three are simply pets, and obviously the bitch pup I've kept back I will be dabbling with showing and hopefully working/competition. It's very true what SB says about attracting serious people from the competition world when you have show lines in there, why would they go for your pups, when there are probably pups from numerous suitable litters with proven parents available?

In any case, you have plenty of time to research and choose the right path, I took several years and decided to have one of my bitches spayed rather than breeding, and concentrated on getting that one litter right from my other girl. Sometimes the hardest decisions are not how to breed a litter, but not to breed a litter, and wait until things are how you want them rather than making do with what you have at a given point, hope that makes sense
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2