View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Unfortunately I suffered a massive asthma attack yesterday, the biggest one I've had for nearly 15 years, so no training for me. However, today is another day, it's raining so can concentrate on doing a bit as I'm not too wheezy today!
Becky
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Kismet is NOT getting this! She just keeps throwing herself to a down, then trying everything she can think of then having a tantrum!

I tried putting my arm under her back end, she just spins about. I tried using a stick to keep her back end up, she just turned and wanted to play tuggy...

Pharaoh stretches more and more dramatically than Kismet.. Maybe I'll try with the dim one... Got a feeling we are going to flunk this class though!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Unfortunately I suffered a massive asthma attack yesterday, the biggest one I've had for nearly 15 years, so no training for me. However, today is another day, it's raining so can concentrate on doing a bit as I'm not too wheezy today!
Becky
Sorry to hear that Becky. OT I know, but do you think it is the weather/high pollen count that is making things worse?

Glad that you're less wheezy today.

At least you've got a valid excuse - unlike me!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 12:07 PM
geezo are we really on week three already, I still have done nada...

kaos bow,

but thats cheating coz he already knows it. lol...bottom of the class for shona..

Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah but how did you get him to do it Shona? Mine are getting it either. None of them. In fact, I'm convinced they're all lotting to work against me.

Now they've all started stretching in the other direction where they strethc out their front legs and the back legs go out straight behine them.

Nightmare!!

Laura xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Ben understands the position but phasing out the lure is gonna take longer than the week

Mia has been folding down whenever I tried - and then looking at my hand under her tummy

So I have broken it down into even smaller bits
1st she was treated for standing
Then for standing with my hand under her tummy
then for looking down slightly
then for lowering her head a wee bit while bum still in the air

It actually worked quite quickly and she can now be luerd into the position - although she still prefers to lie down
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Well we are still working on Week 2 but also going to try this - I'm struggling with a different hand signal to the down though - Angus in particular just goes into a down - even with hand there.

Think will use low as the verbal just need a different hand signal now!

bit of catch up on the last week and this week as started late! But definitely still in the challenge!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Yeah but how did you get him to do it Shona? Mine are getting it either. None of them. In fact, I'm convinced they're all lotting to work against me.

Now they've all started stretching in the other direction where they strethc out their front legs and the back legs go out straight behine them.

Nightmare!!

Laura xx
believe, me or not, I did it when kaos still outside, in the morning when I let him out, he used to stretch like that so as he new what the clicker was all about, I took it out one morning clicked when he stretched and he offered the behaviour again.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sorry to hear that Becky. OT I know, but do you think it is the weather/high pollen count that is making things worse?
Yes it is, took hayfever tablet and much much better. Have never had an asthma attack with my hayfever before though lol!
Any way's back to training. Been clicker training Parker, he is understanding the clicker, however, when I put the treat on the floor he just stands and looks at it, then when I try other things like moving treat between legs etc he tucks his tail under and hides in the corner I'm going to try Ellie today as she's a girl and I bet she's better
Becky
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Not much success here, boys wont behave as the girls are coming into season so now have the boys together and the girls. Once I get this weeks challenge will post details!
Becky
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >