Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Well done everyone for the recent achievements

Haven't had much positive with Kestral recently so thought I would post something that has gone well:

This weekend a friend came to stay who Kestral has only met a couple of times. We met outside and all was fine. She seemed to remember her and was pretty good with her 95% of the time, except for in the evenings after she had got ready in the bathroom or if she put her hair up.

Then another challenge when 2 more friends she had never met came over on Saturday. We met in the park to start and she was great (until the end when my friend put her hat on).

And again tonight when another friend came over who she's only met once, so that's really positive.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
aww well done
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Well done Kestral.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Well done Kestral! Glad to hear she's accepted your recent visitors

Really pleased with Ted today on this morning's walk while i was taking some pics i put him in a down stay, i had my back to him and after a minute turned round to see a lab approaching him he was watching her but stayed where he was and she had gotten quite close. I recognised her and knew they had met a couple of times before with no problems so released him to say hello and then he came back to me for a treat. Really pleased with this as over the last couple of weeks he has run off to say hello to a couple of dogs which he hasn't really done in a long time.

I also had to take him to the vets this morning he was really good there was five dogs in the waiting room when we came out of seeing the vet and as we where waiting for the receptionist to finish on the phone and fetch his tablets he laid down with his back to them all. One was whining and trying to say hello but he completely ignored them all. He has barked at the some of the other dogs the last couple of times we've been so i waited outside so i'm pleased that he was so calm today.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Glad to hear Ted is behaving so well. Well done you.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 07:09 PM
This may not sound much to some of you guy's who have achieved so much with your dogs!!! But I'm dead pleased with Toffee who as from 4mths I would not trust off lead with most dogs, now at 3yrs he will play with his ball & ignore other dogs. Needless to say I do have him on lead with uncontrolable dogs.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Well done everyone.

It's not really an achievement but I haven't seen it lately and didn't think I'd see it for a while after what happened a couple of weeks ago.

Louie did his old trick yesterday to defuse a situation of his own. He used to play bow at any dog showing him tension - mainly the males, but lately he's not done this. But yesterday we met two new dogs, both male and neutered. He ran over before I'd seen them *sigh* too busy concentrating on watching the new babies on the lake, anyway they did their stiff sniffing thing, then one of the other dogs postured, Louie went into a play bow and invited the dog to play.. he just walked off, so he tried his luck with the other one.. he had a play bow back but they weren't bothered and carried on.. my Louie is back.. I was so worried he'd continue the defensive streak he had last week, but it seems he isn't
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Ok I need to brag. Took Lou and Benj out with Elsa and whilst she was on lead, I decided to try them at heel. I had both boys at heel, side by side and insync. It was beautiful!

Oh and it was offlead If I could've I would've gotten a picture of it
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Cain's done brilliantly the last few days. I've had a couple come to stay for mum's funeral today. They came down on Sunday, we also had another friend come over on Sunday evening. Cain has been excellent with them all. He was a bit over excited and therefore being attention seeking and a bit of a pest on Sunday, but there was no aggression there. He's a lot more settled now and very chilled and he's best friends with them I'm really proud of him, not having to worry about him trying to eat my guests is one less thing to worry about! Can't fault him, he's been excellent.
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Cain's done brilliantly the last few days. I've had a couple come to stay for mum's funeral today. They came down on Sunday, we also had another friend come over on Sunday evening. Cain has been excellent with them all. He was a bit over excited and therefore being attention seeking and a bit of a pest on Sunday, but there was no aggression there. He's a lot more settled now and very chilled and he's best friends with them I'm really proud of him, not having to worry about him trying to eat my guests is one less thing to worry about! Can't fault him, he's been excellent.
Oh Cain...you've made me cry now.
Big hugs to you both.
Page 89 of 101 « First < 39 79 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 99 > Last »