Female 

21-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Has anyone any experiance with this product;
http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item...no-more---dogs
red collar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I looked after an incontinent bitch for a while and used Aloe Vera gel to protect the skin from urine burns. She wasn't with me long enough to know the long term benefits but it seemed to soothe in the short term.

I hope you find a solution - or even better, I hope it is a temporary problem that clears up soon.
gillmoor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2008, 01:20 PM
do not feel bad about spaying early, my first boxer was spayed at 6 months and became incontinent, sadly none of the drugs helped her at all,we let daisy our second boxer have a heat first and she is incontinent too so waiting didn't make a difference, we have also let megan have a heat and she will be spayed in august, i hope this is third time lucky. I have had many dogs spayed without any probs and it has just been boxers for us. I have daisy on evening primrose and Hold it so hoping that will help. Good luck. Christine
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Have to say I have never had a problem either but I would not think of spaying till my bitch was 5 or 6 years old.

Incontinence in an intact bitch is abnormal and should be investigated as there are a number of congenital conditions that could cause this, what did your vet say and is this common in Boxers and is it considered to have a hereditary cause?

P.S.Sorry, just realised the second bitch was spayed young as well so it is another case of spay incontinence I read at first the she was not spayed and I was concerned she probably had a condition that could be treated.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Red Collar; Aloe Vera, of course! It's something I reach for for the human members of the family, but need reminding about for the canine menbers.

Christine; I'd be interested in hearing how Daisy gets on with the Hold it & evening primrose. Please keep me posted!

Pita; This had made me relook at my stance with regards to spaying early. Though I do believe that this is easier to deal with than the consequences of an accidental little, I think given the oppertunity again I'd perhaps have left it longer till she was more matured.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2