Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 05:47 PM

HELP.Just washed my daughters i pod!

Just emptied a load of washing to find my eldests i pod forlornly curled up next to a pair of ear-rings in her pocket. I am hoping for a miracle that if we leave it to dry out it might work again......

Any advice?

Just to update we left it to dry overnight and all seems to be ok at the moment, fingers crossed.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2007, 05:52 PM
It might work for you just have to wait and see.

Or you can make a insurance claim with your accidental cover

Or the sort of thing my OH would do is go out buy another then take the faulty one back at a later date and get your money back
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Try a blow dryer on low heat. One of the lads at work dropped his mobile phone into a drain and dried it that way, still worked just took a day or so.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I would get your best groveling face on as I dont hold out much hope it will work. Electrical are quite resilient to water but its when there is something else in the water that normally causes problems. I have spilt water on a lot and most work, but when its been vimto, or clorine(valhalla at blackpool few drops on my phone)they tend to break. The problem with ipods to is they cant be opened as that can often help to dry.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 05:57 PM
I`ve just grovelled but as it was partly her fault we are remaining calm and hopeful.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh dear, I don't hold up much hope for it. I managed to wash my mobile phone which was in my handbag along with everything else in there, that I accidentally put in the washing machine - don't ask!!!! I hope you manage to talk your way out of this one, or it might cost you at the week-end when she marches you off to Curry's!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh dear, I don't hold up much hope for it. I managed to wash my mobile phone which was in my handbag along with everything else in there, that I accidentally put in the washing machine - don't ask!!!! I hope you manage to talk your way out of this one, or it might cost you at the week-end when she marches you off to Curry's!
You said dont ask but you know me, How did you manage to but a handbag full of stuff in the washer???
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I am sure its just a coincidence that one ipod gets "wet" when this is announced.
http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodtouch/
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Put it on a towel on top of a radiator! I have had 'experiences' with washed electrical goods!!

Hope it can be revived!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I am sure its just a coincidence that one ipod gets "wet" when this is announced.
http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodtouch/
Had she been doing the washing I might have suspected something but it was me!! Luckily it is her birthday party at the weekend and so she may well get some £££££ from her lovely friends!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >