Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2018, 08:41 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 28th April

Good morning everyone. Hope you and your four legged friends are all in good fettle.

Harvey is Casey improving on his new medication ? Do hope so.

Lynn, hope the weather improves for you to get away in your new motorvan be sad to disappoint Dillon who is obviously looking forward to it.

Griff, hope you are feeling ok.

Everyone, have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.

Horrible morning here. Cold, wet and breezy.

Hubby at Grimsby getting car MOTd and serviced so I've no excuse not to get stuck into the housework. Ah well ...........
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Morning Moyra, Chris and all to follow.

Horrible weather again cold and wet. We won't be getting away this weekend Moyra. We had arranged to meet a member from a Bernese group who is visiting the UK at Milton country park but it is so horrible we have had to cancel and hopefully meet tomorrow it is meant to be better weather but he may get tickets to see Man United play tomorrow so it's hanging in the balance.
Had enough of this flipping weather now.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Yes, I am totally pee'd off with this weather too, been going on too long now and I am fed up of towelling off Amber and hanging my own coat to dry.

I hope you get to see your Bermese owner friends Lynn. Good luck.

Morning Chris, housework? What's that. Lol.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post

Morning Chris, housework? What's that. Lol.
something that gets done when it must be done rather than when it should be done
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2018, 11:49 AM
Afternoon all.
Mom had a water infection that eventually ended with an afternoon in hospital for fluids as her "hiatus hernia acid reflux" kicked in and she could not keep anything down went in on GP orders yesterday afternoon 4 hour bag of fluids later and massive improvement home yesterday evening and loads better today. Very tired but she is 85. Drinking and able to keep a yogurt and a picec cake down today. Asleep now. Gerty been brilliant; for a dog who was let go because mainly she was stressed to high heavens.....amazing she just settles and sleeps no issue at all. Maybe she knows where she is wanted and loved. Adored the Doctor and ambulance people. No trouble at all.

This weather is P*NTS
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey is Casey improving on his new medication ? Do hope so.
Hi Moyra, well it's early days but we do believe that he is improving, vet is very keen to do a blood test in two weeks as there can (sometimes) be serious side effects.

Car is in garage for major repairs and MoT so Casey is only being walked locally but he is still keen to get out

Only one page of rentals in local rag this week (None at all last week) Nothing I could see but do you have GD Estates on your mail list They have quite a big rental department in Bury St. Edmunds and surrounding areas.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Sorry to hear about your mum Kazz but goof she is home and recovering well. Well done Gerty it is amazing how they pick up on how to behave around different people.

Hope Casey's blood tests dont show up anything nasty and also that is mobile kennel will soon be back up and running.

Pity about the weather Lynn but hopefully next weekend will be better.

Dull and overcast but so far the rain has held off. Took the opportunity to rub paintwork down in ensuite and bedroom whilst everywhere up there is dusty so hopefully only have to wash down and then paint once everything is finished. Been to garden centre and bought some runner bean plants as mine have put up a notice they are not going to do anything. Five boxes of six plus plants for £10 but told at the checkout that was wrong but when told where the notice was the manager(?) said he had obviously put up the wrong sign but had to sell them to us for that price so bargain had.

Hope all are keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2018, 01:47 PM
well kiddiewinks

This house is cold at the moment as the central heating has been drained awaiting the heated towel rail to be fitted in the en-suite modernisation. Won't bother with the open log fire for the short term although we could use it if we wanted to.

The replacement shower tray arrived yesterday, hopefully this one is ok without any faults on it. That is going to be fitted on monday as well as the tiler coming to make a start on the walls.
We have requested a new toilet cistern as well to be installed as the old on keeps running even though a new guts were put in not that long ago.

If your having something like this done best to get it all done instead of piecemeal with a bit done one day and another a couple of weeks later
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2018, 01:48 PM
I can put them on my list Harvey, I am gradually getting quite a few now e-mailing me direct. Trouble is they either forget I want 2 double bedrooms and a walk in shower or wet room or they forget I need pets allowed. Steve wants a garden to maintain. Also it needs to be a bungalow or have a ground floor bedroom and shower facilities. I think I have too many conditions for them to remember!

Glad Casey seems better, just hope your transport gets sorted ok. Must check out when my MOT is due. If there is too much that needs doing I shall have to consider giving her up, trouble is I need her for Amber and any visits she needs to the vets, otherwise I'd let her go. I only do a couple of hundred miles a year!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >