Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2018, 07:16 AM

Dogsey Daily Tuesday 24th April

Morning all, Disaster struck yesterday as my emails went completely up the creak and I lost all my personal folders. Hopefully the pc guy can restore them when I get a new computer. Not looking forward to that as it will be Windows 10. Anyone use that on here?
Hope Casey continues to improve Losos. Tyto continuing in the same manner. Hope he is ok when we go away on Thursday for a few days. No wiffi where I am going so will catch up when I get back.
Take Care everyone. Any luck Moyra with the house hunting.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2018, 07:18 AM
Good morning everyone, hope you are all well and our four legged friends too!

Harvey, hope Casey is ok today and Brenda Tyto too.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God Bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2018, 07:18 AM
Morning Moyra posted at the same time so hopefully someone can amalgamate them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Not looking forward to that as it will be Windows 10. Anyone use that on here?
Yes we've got it, MS upgraded the PC automatically without even asking me if I wanted it It's messed up my photos and I can't work out where it puts any pictures from the camera when I load them, they just seem to disappear, most annoying and no help from MS of course.

Mrs. Losos has told me that Windows 10 is better at spotting 'phishing e-mails' and 'hackers' and such like, so I suppose that is a benefit, just a pity that they took so long to do anything

Hope Tyto is OK today, Casey seems to be better, he got the first lot of the new pills this morning, so I am keeping a close eye on him.

ETA:-
Enjoy your holiday
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2018, 12:50 PM
i upgraded to W10 and wish I hadn't. The Defender program not only stops the obvious but everything else as well. In it there is something called real time which can be switched off for 10 minutes then restarts. Try transferring pictures from a third party edit back, it blocks. it also won't allow some downloads which one may like to have.

Windows 7 is far far better

I did manage to find a program that stopped this very annoying "real time" from functioning, but it wasn't easy.

Think this is how i did it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Command Prompt

If you use this option to turn off Windows Defender Real-time protection, it will only be temporary. When it's off for a while, Windows will turn it back on automatically.

Option Six and Option Seven below will override this option.

1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Enter the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.

(Turn on)
PowerShell Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring 0
or
PowerShell Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $false

OR

(Turn off)
PowerShell Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring 1
or
PowerShell Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true

3. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Afternoon all. Not a bad morning, but it looks like we are in for rain for the rest of the day.

I use Windows 10 and have since the first turnover from Windows 8. I find it OK. A lot like Windows 7 once you get used to where things are, but that is a bit of a spaghetti junction until you get used to it. To be honest though, I don't do a lot on computers these days so maybe I have rose tinted glasses on in regards to the system.

One frustration I have found is that it's extremely difficult to 'hide' an update. For example, one particular Windows update kept attempting and failing on my lad's computer and in Windows 7, it was just a matter of telling it to 'hide' (in other words stop) the update. It took a good deal of looking up and going around the system to do it in Windows 10. It's a known problem for Toshiba laptops and will eventually be put right in a later update. Haven't had any problems in that respect with our HP laptops though
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2018, 01:34 PM
I am thinking this is going to be a nightmare. Might have to have a word with the pc guy again. bfn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Afternoon brenda, Moyra, Harvey, Barry and Chris and all to follow.
It was very chilly this morning taking Dillon out and has rained for the rest of the day. Thankfully after we got in.

Glad to hear Casey and Tyto are holding their own long may it continue.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone
Well it was dry this morning then come dinner time the rain started and has t stopped. I had a driving lesson & it threw it down but still was a great lesson
But I’ve had some bad news about a friend, she has a brain tumour & cyst that she has to have removed at the end of May. They seem to think they are benign so thinking positive thoughts only.
Right putting kettle on. Will be back later.