Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2017, 06:05 AM

Incontinence

Hi

Ive a friend with a 13 year old Border Collie who is urine incontinent. Both Propalin & Incurin make her very sick.

Ive read on forums in the past about herbal/homeopatic remedies. Anyone any ideas what they are/where to get them?
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Is this spay incontinence? There are other causes, but this seems to be the most common. My girl has a night-time leak. She does have a nightly dose of Propalin, but is still not 100%, so we have been attempting to improve her bladder tone in other ways. I am currently trying Phytopet Dry, but it has only arrived this week, so can't give a rating yet.
The herbal Hold It! from CSJ has loads of positive references on their website - In our case, it has helped but hasn't cured.
We also give some supplements which are reputed to help, Cranberry, Vitamin C, glucosamine, and a probiotic. Phytopet website has a list of dietary suggestions to accompany the use of their drops.
I now bed my girl on a couple of old towels - just in case, and OH gives her a couple of wee breaks during the night. This seems to be the most successful method of keeping her dry!