View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:05 PM
I never see that page anyway unless a 'post' appears that happens to be posted on there in my all new posts or waddever.

I have dogsey on my favourites to go to the dog forums.

Then select Todays Posts or ..... waddever! And today I got the blip again (just the once) where it says no posts meet your search blah blah blah.

Then I just have to click the side menu.

I don't really care what you do with the home page!
This is already the most convoluted and over laden with sections and sub sections and subsub sections forum I have ever used.

And I still don't understand how most of the sub sub ones work so won't post in them. Especially not as, after I thought I grasped it (even tho I moaned about it) you CHANGED YOUR MIND lol!

Now go and rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic a bit more. Seems the more changes we have and the more you try to pander to everyone's whims - the QUIETER and less busy Dogsey becomes.

Or is it just me that thinks that?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:13 PM
I like it Azz. I'm sorry I've not been very active lately and I definitely agree stuff has often been posted before it's been written up.

I do hope people use this.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I don't ever go to the homepage, I come straight into the forums.
However curiosity got the better of me and I went for a look and I rather like it. I thought it seemed interesting.
Mind you I couldn't tell you what the old one was like so have nothing to compare it to.
Glad you like it Bev

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I never see that page anyway unless a 'post' appears that happens to be posted on there in my all new posts or waddever.

I have dogsey on my favourites to go to the dog forums.

Then select Todays Posts or ..... waddever! And today I got the blip again (just the once) where it says no posts meet your search blah blah blah.

Then I just have to click the side menu.

I don't really care what you do with the home page!
This is already the most convoluted and over laden with sections and sub sections and subsub sections forum I have ever used.

And I still don't understand how most of the sub sub ones work so won't post in them. Especially not as, after I thought I grasped it (even tho I moaned about it) you CHANGED YOUR MIND lol!

Now go and rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic a bit more. Seems the more changes we have and the more you try to pander to everyone's whims - the QUIETER and less busy Dogsey becomes.

Or is it just me that thinks that?
I've always chopped and change things Tang - keeps you all on your toes

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I like it Azz. I'm sorry I've not been very active lately and I definitely agree stuff has often been posted before it's been written up.

I do hope people use this.
No worries Linda - we still have the news sections, but I imagine the new section on the forum will be used a lot more now as pretty much anyone can post in it. Besides it's easier to write a sentence or two and include a link than a whole news story
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Well if it's designed to keep me on my toes. I s'pose I should really at least go TAKE A LOOK at it lol!

I've earmarked that as one of my outstanding jobs!

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Good Azz It stops Dogsey from stagnating like so many other forums that have fallen by the wayside.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Is this the same as Dog News then? Just seen the awful cruelty story on there.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good Azz It stops Dogsey from stagnating like so many other forums that have fallen by the wayside.
Know what you mean

Glad you like it - I see Malka has already posted a few stories so we're off to a great start. Definitely see it getting used more

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Is this the same as Dog News then? Just seen the awful cruelty story on there.
I am not sure what you mean Tang. If you mean a different site, then no - this is just on Dogsey
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Well I must say I already love it

We've had more threads posted in it within the last day than we've had news stories last year

Writing news is hard, promoting news on other sites is much more inclusive of everyone else - because it's so much easier to do

I have changed my bookmark to the homepage now - like many of you, it used to be the forum.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Well I must say I already love it

We've had more threads posted in it within the last day than we've had news stories last year

Writing news is hard, promoting news on other sites is much more inclusive of everyone else - because it's so much easier to do

I have changed my bookmark to the homepage now - like many of you, it used to be the forum.
Yeah I might do that too just to come out in support of you. I didn't like the 'stale news' either. And I have done my bit (on the busiest day of my life) to help.

Sorry for all the negativity about dog cruelty horror stories but I could see what would happen and .... it DID! Lets hope we get more posts about what's happening in the 'general' dog world and about laws being enacted regarding us and our dogs as well.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2