View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-12-2012, 04:04 PM

Distraction Club got REALLY distracting...

Although I live in the Midlands I go once a month to Central London, to the Distraction Club.
Some of you may know of Mitch Benn. He's a musician and comedian, he's the regular singer/musician for Radio 4s The Now Show, he's just been in Merlin, and he's also in the Kleenex Ad...he's an all rounder, and I suppose you'd say he's a friend of mine. Well, his wife hugs me like a long-lost relative every time we meet...

Anyway, he and his friends and musical colleagues own and run The Distraction Club. Ivan Sheppard and Kirsty Newton play drums, keyboard and bass, and Matt Blair is the sound-man, guitarist and performer, and for the last year has been a friend of mine.

Last night Phil Jupitus was the headline act. He ROCKED! But my good lady kinda fell for Matt's dad. Matt had decided that as his Dad used to be in amateur theatrics he'd allow him some stage time to see what REAL showbiz is about. Well, he's 80 now... and then bless him he posed with my good lady like a true pro, You'd think he'd done it before:

All flippin' year we've been friends. You'd have thought he'd have mentioned in passing that his dad is only Lionel flippin' Blair!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I thought I recognised the face Gaz
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 05:52 PM
He is very talented and still looking good.

Your good lady looks lovely, shame she doesn't come and talk to us
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Lionel Blair trod on my toes in a filling station in Stanmore many years ago, and was suitably apologetic!