Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I have to watch that....unfortuntelly at work now
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I thought that was brilliant. I was surprised how big they were especially Storm. At one point I didn't know if I wanted the buffalo calf to get away or for the wolves to get their food.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-10-2012, 11:14 PM
I haven't seen it yet but here's the link if anyone's looking for it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Called_Storm/

I'll watch it tomorrow as my tv dinner program
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 08:51 AM
I found it really enjoyable viewing. Like you Heather, I was really torn between the buffalo calf surviving and the wolf cubs being fed.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm watching it at the moment on iplayer Cooper really enjoys nature programs and it sat on the chair watching the buffalo and the wolves
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I saw it. I thought ti was amazing. I didn't realise wolves grew to be so big. The ones I've been reasonably up close to (but at a safe and respectful distance) in Asturias (northern Spain) are much smaller and seemed very skinny in comparison.

Did anyone notice the size of Storm's feet? Enormous!

Anyway, I was hooked. It's a shame that more documentaries like this aren't made.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I was upset about the buffalo calf because it was allowed to linger in pain overnight. I know it is a case of 'don't interfere with nature' but it was obvious it had been hamstrung by the wolf and was never going to get up and I just think they should have finished the poor thing off instead of prolonging its life for no real purpose.
Loved Storm Mabs's daddy was called Storm
I was impressed by the size of them, but I think they had generated the musculature to deal with bring a buffalo down, without that sheer strength they would not have been able to do it.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
I saw it. I thought ti was amazing. I didn't realise wolves grew to be so big. The ones I've been reasonably up close to (but at a safe and respectful distance) in Asturias (northern Spain) are much smaller and seemed very skinny in comparison.

Did anyone notice the size of Storm's feet? Enormous!

Anyway, I was hooked. It's a shame that more documentaries like this aren't made.
The timber wolf I met a few years ago, a female, was absolutely massive. Her owner was not sure how much she weighed, but she must have been a least 12 stone. Her head was much bigger than mine, and when she jumped up and put her paws on my shoulders to lick my face and investigate what I had eaten for breakfast, it was all I could do to brace myself to take her weight. She was absolutely magnificent, her paws were indeed massive, and she was a real babe.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Watched this the other night. Let's hope we get more from this guy, fantastic viewing. I loved the way the mother and calf got away from the wolves by taking them through the thick forest and came out with 2 calves, the other one of which had obviously got away from its mother on a previous chase.

I especially loved the bit where they hadn't eaten for weeks, and when they found those buffalo and gave chase, all of a sudden Storm kept going, spotted something else up ahead, which even surprised all those buffalos they were chasing, and then they all just gathered there, relaxing and taking a drink, with that one big, bull. They didn't attack it, even though they hadn't eaten for weeks again, they just waited for it to die naturally overnight, I thought that was pretty amazing how they knew - nature is wonderful isn't it.

I didn't see the bit with the calf they left hamstringed coz I came in half way through , but I'm definitely going to catch up with that first half, this is not to be missed viewing imo.

Beautiful cubs, never seen wolves quite like this, they were big and chunky not like the skinny things we see elsewhere.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >