Male 

03-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Episode 5 is up http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_Ambassadors/

I'm gonna watch it tomorrow tho
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:40 AM
This is just getting better and better, and I can't believe we still have more to come!!! That's sooooo unusual for something that's actually good on the telly isn't it. Superb acting no ham!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I've watched half of it whilst eating my soup

Agree with you H, it definitely has kept up the excellence can't wait to watch the rest
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Found this thread only yesterday so watched the first episode on Iplayer and then all of the first five of eight.

First impression not all that good.

Watched the next episode worse(three times into the lower basement and not caught)

Ep 3 fair.

Ep 4 a lot better.

Ep 5 brill and getting interesting.

So I down loaded all the eps to my I pad and started to watch again on a train journey.

Found So many clues in first ep to the following ones(stony face man was looking at a picture of the Ambassadors on his comp)

Spoiler below.

Leads me to think the the stony faced man who shot the cafe owner is Sams Father protecting his daughter and avanging her mothers death.

3 more episodes to go wonder if im right.

Also why does she sleep in the corner of a room when alone?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Hope you guys are still watching this... another awesome episode
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I saw one the other night but didn't understand it. It doesn't help that I can't stand the women who plays her. Shoot me now!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I saw one the other night but didn't understand it. It doesn't help that I can't stand the women who plays her. Shoot me now!
You need to start with episode one Linda
I_am
New Member!
Male 

22-11-2012, 11:03 PM
The BBC were considering more seasons of Hunted, but have now cancelled the show, due to poor ratings and universally poor reviews. The majority of the reviews have panned the poor acting and writing. Having watched the show, I find it easy to tell why. Even though i am hooked on the show, and want to find out the answers to all the mysteries, I still cannot but help cringe at the shallow acting of most of the cast, especially Melissa George, the terrible lines, blatantly improbable scenes, cliche villians, weak characteristions, and rediculous cartoon choreography of the fight scenes.
Hunted is made by the people behind Spooks and X Files.
It clearly takes its inspiration from those shows, plus others like Homeland and 24. However, even though all of these shows are based upon premises of hokum, just like Hunted, the difference is one can suspend ones sense of disbelief and accept the hokum, as all those aforementioned shows are carried by heavy-weight casts with good actors, and skilled writers that can underpin the underlying unrealistic premise with realistic plot devices, meaning one doesnt go thru episodes with a bunch of 'why would they do that/why would that happen' thoughts. Unlike every episode of Hunted, which is full of many such obvious questions. For example, why would a paranoid villian who trusts nobody and therefore susses out all his enemies and even has a secret underground basement with a special key card for the lift then NOT actually have CCTV cameras in his main office of criminal operations!?
Answer: so Melissa George can sneak in and out of his office any time of the night or day the plot requires a sudden piece of vital evidence! Very lazy writing indeed!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by I_am View Post
For example, why would a paranoid villian who trusts nobody and therefore susses out all his enemies and even has a secret underground basement with a special key card for the lift then NOT actually have CCTV cameras in his main office of criminal operations!?
Answer: so Melissa George can sneak in and out of his office any time of the night or day the plot requires a sudden piece of vital evidence! Very lazy writing indeed!
Cos that's where he carries out most of his dodgy business?

It's a shame if it's getting slated, I have been really enjoying it. I haven't seen Homeland or 24 though - almost all of my TV is through iPlayer these days.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 07:35 AM
When everyone has actually seen the last episode which I watched last night, can somebody please explain that ending to me, cos I'm stumped

Don't want to ruin it for those watching on any catch up of course, but when it's safe, I'd really like an explanation if anyone has it please?

I liked the fact that it kept up its momentum (sp?), (not edge of the seat gripping, but gripping enough for me to not get up and put the kettle on kind of thing). I didn't find it particularly hammy, like I did Spooks, but I could see the Spooks element in there in the very first episode and that's why I was dubious as to whether or not I could hang on in there, but I lasted right up to the last episode.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >