Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 02:15 PM

New! enclosed dog parks in Essex.

Essex peeps looking for safe places to train might be interested to know that Essex CC have provided fenced dog parks in some areas.
details here...
http://www.essex-countynj.org/p/index.php?section=dog
this one sounds fun:
Dog Park in Essex County Brookdale Park. The dog park is a total 1.2 acres with an 0.8 acre fenced in area for large dogs and a 0.4 acre fenced in area for small dogs. Both sections have a stone dust surface and various pieces of apparatus where the dogs can play and exercise. A steel archway welcomes visitors, and a pathway designed with ornamental brick pavers leads them to the play areas. There are safety enclosures at each entrance to prevent unleashed dogs from running away, time out areas where excited dogs can be brought to calm down, dog washing areas and water fountains.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Hmm it's Essex, New Jersey,
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 03:22 PM
115 Clifton Ave, Newark, NJ 07104 ~ (T)

ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Damn! Googled Essex and just assumed...
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 04:34 PM
There is a dog park in Kent but I've not heard of very many in the UK. Was trying to pitch it as a business idea to OH but he didn't take me seriously On a serious note, I'm not really sure it's a curse, more a blessing - I hear of so many problems caused by dog parks in the US. Well, the irresponsible owners causing problems in dog parks. I'd definately prefer a dog field with a booking system, where you could pay to use it by yourself (or club together with friends who's dogs you know and trust) for a length of time.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Damn! Googled Essex and just assumed...
Never mind I got caught like that with Perth once looking for Scotland found Australia
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I was looking at the addresses and thinking I don't recognise any of them and then the header changed to reveal Essex county, New Jersey.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Oops-bit of a long journey to exercise your dogs then!

Not sure I like the idea of dog parks from what I've seen on tv. Seems to be a place where all the owners stand around gassing whilst the dogs do what they want which is sometimes bullying or ganging up on one of the dogs.

I like the idea of a small dog park if I could take Cherry in there as she only likes small dogs! She is not exactly small though that's the snag!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Knew it was too good to be true...
jacque
New Member!
Female 

06-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi , i'm new to dogsey, and i'm trying to get some feedback on an idea i've been thinking about and this thread seems like the perfect place to start.
I noticed there are fors and against already on the idea of a doggie park and was looking into the idea of starting one.
It would include a large dog area , a small dog area , doggie drinking fountain (and one for the humans). It would include cleaning tools (poop bags, scoops and bins), a double gated entry and exit system, tables and benches, agility equipment , trees, etc.
Rules regarding dominant dogs, doggie etiquette, bitches in heat, entire males would also be posted at entry point. also the idea of a secured donation box at entry and exit to help fund items such as cleaning up tools.
As i said i'm just thinking about this at the moment and am looking to get feedback be it positive or negative.
Look forward to hearing your views
Jacque
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >