View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Exactly 15, 12 on course 3 spectators. Thought Cain did perfect.

Also had fun today.

On the way Buster completely ignored an onlead Boxer minding his own business that the 2 terriers in front decided to bark at. Then gave the Labradoodle that had just bounced to the end of his very long lead at the two terriers in front a very definitive but controlled canine "DON'T" the following offlead Lab that was behaving itself also got one for good measure.

Class was HUGE but better organised this week. Buster flew around like a missile with me bawling directions at him, rediscovered his mojo on the seesaw, and partly due to alll the standing around missed the contacts on the A frame which takes some doing for a dog his size. He also rather inconveniently for walkies with Cain, got us promoted.

Nice busy walk back to Kingston. Perfect with all, and played happily with a large boxer. He's been slightly wary on occasions with large unknown dogs bouncing up, so that was excellent.

All in all a really good day.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Well done on Buster getting promoted to the advanced class I'm not surprised though, he's shown an aptitude for agility ever since he started. Great that he had a nice play with a big boxer.

Maybe we'll have to organise Saturday walkies instead?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 04:43 PM
That's fantastic, and after a bit of a break too. Well done Cain!

Proud mummy today - today I was the one with the good dogs First moment was one of those overly-friendly, I'm-going-to-come-and-say-hello-from-the-other-side-of-the-park Yorkie, with an owner who failed to take one bit of notice of the big on-lead, headcollared dogs with the owner who immediately stopped at the sight of the Yorkie. I waited a few seconds for her to recall the dog so we could go around the outside of the park and avoid them, but nope, no attempts whatsoever so I just turned aroun and left. No whinging, no plonking-of-butt to refuse leaving, we just turned and trotted off.
I then decided to maybe head to the cow field and see if it was dry enough to go run in there. On the way, Casper did a poo and I realised my poo bags haofd escaped my pocket at some point - so did a shortcut through the smaller park to my nan's house as it's a bit nearer than my own, fetched a bag and went to head back. Spot a Collie that had just come from the bigger park - the owners must have taken note of me though and kindly waited at that entrance and I went around to another one, again, mutts didn't squeak, whine, bark, pull towards the dog or anything - we trotted off minding our own business. After picking up the poo, I decide to try the park again - empty! So I thought, but I head in and spot a dog around the corner, which runs over before I get a chance to turn around. I shout out that Casper isn't good with dogs but the owner just strolls over slowly. I manage to put Casper behind me, Kiki greets it a little stiffly but politely enough, Casper is holding up, a little whining but stays tucked behind me, ok and the owner finally fetches the dog back (with a "he's just a pup!" As if that makes it ok and the dog was bigger than Casper!). Walk off with no fuss whatsoever! So we start our run. Halfway through a Mastiff-y type dog and its owner come in, but it seems well behaved, owner seems to be keeping it near, so we carry on and share the park nicely - Casper has a few looks over at the other dog but no noise, happily concentrating on me. When the owner started playing fetch it did get a bit too much for Casper who let out a little whine and got a little too focused, so I decided to end it on a good note and we left. Nearly crossed paths with another little dog on the way out but a conveniently placed hedge blocked the dogs' view until it passed and then off we trotted (Casper clocked it walking away, but again, happily followed me away from it)
The creme de le creme of the day though - just before our walk, I got it and went to let the dogs out. I noticed the neighbour had one of the dogs tethered out the back, and because of the lack of a fence there at the moment, it was wandering in and out of our garden. Our garden has been fenced off halfway so that they can't access this unsecure area obviously, but the middle fence is just horizontal planks, with gaps inbetween, so the dog is clearly visible. I give the neighbour a minute to spot me and then let the dogs out. They run to the back but I call out a 'leave it' and they head back to the middle of the garden and do their business. They then happily plod around ignoring the neighbour's dog, who's now back in view, and even ignore it when it has a whine. So Casper was within about 2 metres of a dog he's not properly met, that's whining away at him, and is in "his" garden, and barely even acknowledges it! It seems one bonus of very vocal dogs next door, it's inadvertently desensitized him!
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Well done Cain, Buster and Casper. What amazing dogs you all are!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow, loads of great behaviour from Casper! Sounds like he's really turned a corner now that you've been forced to face the real world since moving I'm glad he's doing so well.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow huge class - what an achievement for Cain to be so calm and show off his trick repertoire

Glad Buster did well with all the dogs and big well done on agility

Great for the dogs to move away from the fence Sounds like you've had some great positives!

Kestral's been having an average time with dogs recently - there are a few bad eggs round here that I try to avoid but have run at us and attacked her (one is an agressive akita, one is just out of control but incessant at jumping on her and she snaps at him). As a result she's been a bit nervous and therefore reactive around some types of dogs.

Introduced her to my friends new weim. All went badly to begin with.Took a good 10-15 mins to get her to stop lunging/growling at him when she was on lead. When off lead to keep calling her away before she got too close to him.. she seems incapable of making good choices by herself
Long story short, today (third walk together), they met off lead - she was so relaxed and keen to see him she tried to initiate play which she rarely does anymore with dogs! He declined but a great turnaround, and they did have a little play chase later on. Was really nice for me to see her finally have a really positive interaction with a dog.. it's been a while.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Awww, how sweet that Kestral wanted to play Cain would play with her, but surprisingly she doesn't want to get squished
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Well done Cain and Buster sounds like you both had a brilliant time at agility

Well done Casper and Kiki sounds like a great walk and sounds like they did brilliantly in the garden as well

Thats great Kestral finally had a positive meet after persevering
Jesss
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Wiggins has just had his first walk! He was brilliant, didnt pull, didnt try to eat his lead or escape it at all, he stopped when he saw a car but just watched it he didnt cower so we can work on that! I think he was just excited and distracted by following Will everywhere but i'm happy with that! We saw one other dog, she is a big puppy i see every morning she gets very excited so we didnt go say hello! So happy!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Well done Wiggins, sounds like a nice call walk and it's great that he cope well with the car. Long may it continue!
Page 99 of 101 « First < 49 89 96 97 98 99 100 101 >